Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I are planning a trip out to Cooke City MT this summer, and just wondering about rejetting. I have looked in the shop manual and it says "if riding over 6000 the majority of the time" to switch over to "high altitude" jets. The problem i have with that is most of our riding will be from 4000ft to 8000ft with some as low as 3000ft and some as high as 10000ft. Just wondering if anyone out there has experience in riding up the mountains with just stock jets in. I'm not looking for super performance up the mountain, it has frieken hairpins on it anyway, i just want to be able to ride without spitting and sputtering the whole trip, or the worse case, rejet, and then have it run like crap in the lower elevations. Thanks for the help.

The Flatlander in WI

Kevin

· Banned
7,982 Posts
My bikes are stock jets and the dealer out here said not to rejet them because if you go down to sealevel you could burn your engine up...so unless you ride most of the time if not all of your time at higher elevations then you do not need to rejet the bike.

Every bike here will be down in HP because of the elevation *shrug*

· Registered
5 Posts
Sigma6 is a place for cheaper jet kits. You explain your mods and elevation and they send you the correct jets and and how to install and include shims for needle. I have installed maybe 30 or so from them. I own MotorwerX and build vintage and some modern racers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.