Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my turn signals for a track day. Easy enough. However, I noticed that it's going to be very difficult to feed the wiring connector back through the little hole for the wire. It looks like the hole is just wide enough for the connector to fit, and it's in a very difficult to reach place.

Does anyone who got them back in have any tips for getting the connector through the narrow holes under the tail?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I'm guessing they're the little plastic cylinder connectors? If so, lay a piece of thin gauge electrical wire against it, then wrap it in a layer of electrical tape with one connector directly behind the other and the wire as a snake. Feed the wire through the hole and then pull the wire while feeding the connectors through the other end. I've even done this in a pinch with a thin tree branch as the snake.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's the connectors. I was thinking of doing the same, but using safety wire.

Thanks for the tip, I'm glad to see someone do something similar and have success.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no luck on the left side (when seated) of the bike. It's the one that shares the hole with the license plate light. I just cannot get it at the correct angle to get it through that little hole. This is even with the safety wire as a snake.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got it. I took out the plate light connector then taped the turn signal connector on the wires just below the plate light connector, which formed a train as NCR mentioned. I didn't need to use a snake, the first connector went through pretty easily then with some pushing, pulling, and wiggling it finally came through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts