Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K here is the result of my accident..I'm at work and just changin the bandage so I figured I would share it :)..It happened on a buddies stunt bike practicin slow standup wheelies in a parking lot. It was at a slow speed, I had on leather jacket, gloves, helmet,thick jeans and work boots. It was at about 15 MPH. The only injury was to my leg..even at that low of a speed though, my jeans were torn to shreds..It was one kick ass wheelie though!!

:cheers :phatyo :bitchslap

Attachments

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Damm, that looks like it hurts. Jeans offer no protection at any speed. Imagine (and we've seen) what happens to those who neglect to wear proper gear and go down at 60-90-100+ mph. Thanks for sharing this!

·
Registered
415 Posts
njssli22 said:
..It was one kick ass wheelie though!!

and a kick ass scar..... :joke

take good care of that, hope u get better soon

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Damn that looks rough...especially for such a low speed. I've done the same thing but not that bad. And still I wear jeans. Maybe some day I'll invest in some leather pants or something.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Man. I'm glad I bought and use that set of leather pants. That looks like a serious bitch of an injury. Could be worse, right?

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
Ouch, doesn't look that bad tho. It's doesnt appear to be deep, just a lot of rash covering a lot of your leg. I'm sure you'll heal up fine.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Supposedly, if you keep it wet, keep it covered and moist, it will take longer to heal have less scarring.

Just something I heard, IANAD, IANAN, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup.. I went to the doc today to get some antibiotics just to make sure it doesnt get infected.. They gave me a tetanus shot too. It's been gettin air all day :)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
njssli22 said:
K here is the result of my accident..I'm at work and just changin the bandage so I figured I would share it :)..It happened on a buddies stunt bike practicin slow standup wheelies in a parking lot. It was at a slow speed, I had on leather jacket, gloves, helmet,thick jeans and work boots. It was at about 15 MPH. The only injury was to my leg..even at that low of a speed though, my jeans were torn to shreds..It was one kick ass wheelie though!!

Good thing it wasn't that sweet looking Gixxer with the CF pipe on it!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mikem317 said:
Good thing it wasn't that sweet looking Gixxer with the CF pipe on it!!
tell me about it.. I dont really stunt that bike.. the OCCASIONAL and very short wheelie, but that bike is my looker and my twisty rider. I dont fuck with that bike at ALL.. It's in mint condition and I plan to keep it that way..

BTW, the stunt bike I crashed.. The damage was.. Both triple clamps broken in half, ignition ripped off the bike, front brake master cylinder broken to pieces, and radiator cracked.. Total dollar amount for parts and fix (myself and my friend) = ~150-200 bucks..

If it was the gixxer that was wrecked, damage would have been well over 1000 bucks.. prob closer to 1500.. Thank god for crispy stunt bikes..

·
Registered
426 Posts
intresting. I went down at 20-25 and I only had a small patch on my knee that was torn up. Though it was a lot fucking deeper then that. All the skin in that area was torn off. I didn't have to worry about dirt or debris in there because it tore all that out.

Should make for a very fun month walking around on that:-D

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I had a road rash thread about three weeks ago from a bicycle accident. Keep it moist as opposed to letting it scab. Oh, and go out and buy some Johnson and Johnson First Aid Advanced Care Advanced Healing adhesive pads. They're expensive ($6 for 4) but you throw them over that road rash, leave them on for about 4 days, then pull them off and repeat. I used that on my arm and I have almost zero scarring, and it healed well within two weeks. My knee that I didn't use them on and let scab has about a week left of healing and is going to be scarred as shit. Plus, you can shower with them on, even swim if you have to, so in the time you would go through two boxes of $4 dollar band-aids, you've spent $6 but you're already healed. Definitely worth every cent, and I'm a broke ass college kid. Heal up quick..

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
eeks... I hate the gooey stuff that sits on top.. thats the worst part about it.. the rest I dont mind.. its just that gooey crap that gets me... gag..... I thought the jeans might of helped a little more then that at only those speeds but im obviously wrong..

Are you riding around still right now? .. i'd imagine in shorts since long pants might iritate the crap out it......

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i rode for about 2 hours today.. def not in shorts.. i wore jeans like usual.. just covered it lightly.. it was uncomfortable.. but you stretch it out to get in position on the bike it isnt too bad.. just gotta get past the initial crunching.. lol..

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
that can't be good, hope you heal up quickly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts