Sport Bikes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SE Tennessee area Regular weekend meetup for summer 2007?

I normally ride alone and usually for short trips of under 4 hrs a ride. I live in Tellico Plains and it is close to the Skyway and the Dragon. I am interested with meeting up with a few sport-bike riders who can keep their heads on and ride reasonably. I am not saying that we have to always keep it below the speed limits and such just be a little respectful of each other and all the cages out there. I would like to be able to know that each person in the group will be able to make it back for another ride.

I have always ridden sport bikes and I am 43 years old. Age is not a deciding factor of whom I ride with, but attitude as well as respect of the community, the people as well as other riders is.

I normally ride a few hours the weekends I have off and I usually ride alone. I do ride the Cherohala Skyway as well as the Tail-of-the-DRAGON though I never push the limits on either since they are still public roads and are homes to many a caged rider and I do want to continue to ride those and many more roads..

I am looking to start a group of riders who can act responsibly and respectful but still be able to have fun and enjoy themselves. We will be riding the back roads of Eastern Tennessee as well as riding for places to just meet and eat. Hooters, Applebees, O'Charleys, Deals Gap, Taco Bell, McDonalds, and others are always a good place but anywhere is better than no where. We could meet for rides then even end up at a Bar-b-q that WE could put together.

I would like to be able to take short 3 to 4 hour rides as well be able to set up weekend rides. Most of the time I would like to concentrate on Southeast Tennessee and surrounding areas but since this will be a democratic type group we will be open to all suggestions and when necessary to vote on anything then "Majority Rules". I for one with the way I work will not be able to make every ride but will be there when work makes it possible.

If you are interested in creating a group please feel free to contact me here in this post or by PM or even email me at [email protected] and put Group meet in the subject line. I will do my best to respond to any and all whom are interested.

I will continue to ride whether this gets any response or not so have a great ride and keep it real.

By the way I ride a 2006 Kawasaki ZX14 - Blue with slight mods

·
THE LEAD.
514 Posts
Well I will be rideing around that area at the end of summer. There is also a deals gap section . I have also seen other websites that have more traffic flow for that area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am not looking just for rides in the Deals Gap, Dragon, Cherohala area since my normal loop is through the Cherohala Skyway to Robbinsville back to deals Gap to eat then down thru the Dragon and then back to the house.

I am looking for people to ride with and people that enjoy riding, that would not mind me joining them. People whom after a ride you can go somewhere and kick back eat, shoot the crap ride some more and everyone make it back home.

I have rode with all kinds of people on all kinds of bikes. I personally ride a sport-bike because thats what I have always ridden and prefer. I have lost friends either by death or serious limb losing injuries that can no longer ride.

I have normal runs I make but I usually make them by myself, not that I am an unfriendly person or unsociable but with the way I work I cannot get out every weekend, but I also get to ride some thru the week as well. I have rode with people younger as well as the same age or even older than me and most are cool to ride with but I have met a few that are more bent on raising cane ( too keep it where kiddies can even read it).

I have seen the high side of 140 on my ZX-14 but enjoy the ride more at 60 and 70 (more time to enjoy the scenery). I am not looking for races or to impress or be impressed. Just looking for a great group of riders to enjoy their company and the joy of riding with a group again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts