Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My post in another thread about trading my Rare hand throttle 240Z for a 400/4 Supersport and some cash has made me think.

What Vehicles do you regret (in a big way) having unloaded for whatever reason.

I regret the Z and 1964 Baja Bug with a bugeye kit (now not allowed but still allowed on the bugs that pre-dated the laws of distance between headlights. Now you have to have a Cal Kit thats has the lights on the mudguards. (fenders for you American friends)

I regret selling the 400/4 should have turned that baby into a replica Honda 350/4 race bike or Cafe Racer.

I regret not having the cash to buy a Citroen/Maserati SM that was better than perfect and sold for $18,000 AUS, the one that sold next at the same dealers about 10 months later and was in a lot worse condition sold for $40,000 AUS :( one day.
Least i have 100 models :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
71 stingray corvette.
 

·
Ride Naked
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Aburke27 said:
71 stingray corvette.
Never having had one, but lusting after them for years, I'd say selling ANY 'Vette for ANY reason is regrettable. :lol

I have to stick to the little ones for now too... Pics from when I only had about 130 of 'em.
 

Attachments

·
Yeah it's fast...
Joined
·
913 Posts
I regret selling my 68 Galaxie, the money I spend on car payments plus extra insurance that car would have been very very nice by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
Nothing myself to speak of, I'm pretty good at hanging on to my investments for good. I do have a friend who deeply regrets selling his Corrado, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
I had to sell my brand new (3 months) 2002 Suzuki SV650. My car got into an accident, winter came around and I needed a cage. Sold the bike to get a car. On the plus side, I wouldn't have my FZ6 if I wouldn't have sold the SV650, although I lost about 2,000 on selling the Suzuki used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Aburke27 said:
71 stingray corvette.
My 87 Corvette. I loved that car. But I didn't get a bad replacement. Picked up a 00 vette back in 2000 but they raped me on trading my 87 in. I could have kept it instead and turned it into a track car instead. I will always regret losing my first love.
 

·
Ride Naked
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
taurus574 said:
My 87 Corvette. I loved that car. But I didn't get a bad replacement. Picked up a 00 vette back in 2000 but they raped me on trading my 87 in. I could have kept it instead and turned it into a track car instead. I will always regret losing my first love.
An '06 Z06 might help ease your pain. :banana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Well I haven't gotten rid of it but I have a 1976 Old Cutlass with a 454 big block V8, 60 K original miles. I have thought about selling her a few times but when I do I figure that I would kick my self in the ass. I will try to post some pics.
 

·
VIP Mofo
Joined
·
157 Posts
XT225's are awesome around town. They're a blast off-road too. I don't care to get much above 45 though, it starts to feel like a bicycle at those speeds. I wouldn't mind another.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
My Subaru WRX or my VW GTI with the 1.8T. All of my other cars have been pretty boring.



Although I don't miss the payments, now that I drive a Ford Taurus which will soon be replaced by an 06 Ford Freestar van (both company cars) I really miss having something that's fun to drive daily.

But I guess it's a good thing, because when I pull in the garage and see my FZ6 waiting patiently for a ride, it makes things all better... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
laimbeer said:
My Subaru WRX or my VW GTI with the 1.8T. All of my other cars have been pretty boring.

Although I don't miss the payments, now that I drive a Ford Taurus which will soon be replaced by an 06 Ford Freestar van (both company cars) I really miss having something that's fun to drive daily.

But I guess it's a good thing, because when I pull in the garage and see my FZ6 waiting patiently for a ride, it makes things all better... :D
I had an 85 GTI.
I miss that car. Ended up selling it because the engine had no oil pressure and they wanted more to fix it than the car was worth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
04Fizzer said:
I had an 85 GTI.
I miss that car. Ended up selling it because the engine had no oil pressure and they wanted more to fix it than the car was worth.
Mine was fairly problem free. I knew going into it that the window regulators were going to fail, which they did within the first 3000 miles. Other than that, when I sold it to buy the GTI I had 34,000 on it and it was great. I think I miss that more than the WRX simply because of the value it offered. German cars can't be beat for quality looks and feel for the money. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
laimbeer said:
Mine was fairly problem free. I knew going into it that the window regulators were going to fail, which they did within the first 3000 miles. Other than that, when I sold it to buy the GTI I had 34,000 on it and it was great. I think I miss that more than the WRX simply because of the value it offered. German cars can't be beat for quality looks and feel for the money. :cheers
Mine had 130,000 miles. She still ran, it just didn't do a very good job of pumping the oil.

There's something about VW's...they have a personality that only VW can give them. It's tough to explain to someone that hasn't experienced it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
crx81 said:
An '06 Z06 might help ease your pain. :banana
That would be SWEET! I dropped by a dealership the other to look at the new '05s .... sales guy tried to put me into one but I said no way... .I would look at it but not sit in it. If I did, it would have been bad news.

At the time of trading in the old vette... they decided to change their minds on how much they would offer on my it on a traded in. They only gave me $4k :cry . But I was in love in the new one that I didn't think straight. :urowned I won't make that mistake again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
My old man and i had a 1962 Holden EK... (looks like a 59 chev)
It had the original motor grey 203. bored out 40. thou...
best thing about it was the 3 speed hydromatic trannie...
was gutless but youd have it flat to the floor doing 65mph...

c its that old its speedo was still in mph... :eek:nfloor

man that car use to pull the chicks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice car the EK i came close to buying one once, sadly it had to much rust.
 

·
the human bike-rack
Joined
·
419 Posts
I sure do miss my 1971 Kombi and those surfin' safaris back in Tassie. Warm and snug on our 6" foam matress under the doona getting rocked to sleep by the mostly howling onshore gales while the crew in their tents tough it out

cheers .... kimbo
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top