Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when you bought your bike.. say from anothe person you obviously didnt pay taxes, so you have to pay taxes to get it registered.. how much did you pay? the countay tax multiplied by the motorcycle price or? was there a flat rate? i know in some states they have a flat rate.. i dont feel like paying $300 to register my damn bike

·
CaGeD FuRy !!!
231 Posts
you pay tax on whatever the bill of sale states that you paid for the bike.. i.e get the bill of sale to say you paid 1000.00 instead of 3000.00 etc.. save a lil bit tellem it was not running and was wrecked when you purchased it.. they normally wont question it..

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
I didn't have to show any bill of sale registering my R6 in my name from the previous owner--sooooooooooooooo I put in my own # thank you very much but not so low that it would look suspicious ---ahem--ahem

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just bought a used motorcycle from another person, and got this bill of sale from the previous owner for title and registration purposes. At the MVS I had to pay 6% NJ sales tax, which was in fact $320 for this motorcycle. However the rates vary depending on the cost of the motorcycle. There is no fixed rate. The registration and licence plate charges are additional!!! :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that really sucks...hrmmmmm someone give me some more input on florida. my friend in illinoise says they have a flat rate for bikes atv's and non-cars.. $25 man florida sucks i paid $3495 for my bike it actually was a damaged bike.. mabe ill just tell them i lost the bill of sale if they ask? i have the title what can they say? you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Tennessee it's 7%. If you price it too low, the make both you and the seller fill out an afidavit(sp?) as to why the price was so low.

·
Registered
68 Posts
JLAUDIO29 said:
that really sucks...hrmmmmm someone give me some more input on florida. my friend in illinoise says they have a flat rate for bikes atv's and non-cars.. $25 man florida sucks i paid $3495 for my bike it actually was a damaged bike.. mabe ill just tell them i lost the bill of sale if they ask? i have the title what can they say? you know.
In Florida you have to pay the sales tax for the County you are registering the bike in (usually 6-8% of sale price). On the title you got from the previous owner there is a section that needs to be filled out that identifies the owner (person you bought it from, because his name is on the title he gave you), your name and the purchase price. You will be taxed on the price shown on the title. In addition to the tax you will have to pay the registration fee (My R1 is $24.00).

If the previous owner did not write in a price on the title you can write in whatever you want. But becareful not to low ball it too much as they have been known to check up people.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
259 Posts
just pay that shit and stop complaining about it......you will be thankful that u did!!!! if you get stopped you will be without a bike!!!!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
+1 Darryl. The guy I bought my bike from wrote it up as 2k instead of 5k so I didn't have to pay as much. Depends kinda how close you are with the buyer... No registration = impounded bike...

·
Registered
605 Posts
When I bought my bike I claimed I only paid $350 for it and that I bought it from my step-bro...didnt have to pay sales tax becuase it was bought from a "family member"
If you dont wantto pay tax just sell it to your mom/dad/bro/etc then you buy it back and you dont have to pay taxes...at least thats how it is in WI :headbang

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
I filled out 500 on my title and had to do the 6% tax. So I made out pretty good. No one questioned me.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Just write the # in the bottom part of the title. Again I had no sales receipt and the guy just handed me the title--I didn't fill anything out right then...only at the DMV.

Just act like a tennis shoe....and DO IT!!! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A-DALE 9 said:
just pay that shit and stop complaining about it......you will be thankful that u did!!!! if you get stopped you will be without a bike!!!!

#1 i already paid a nice chunk for the bike im not rich you want to pay it for me?

#2 im not going to ride my bike with out it being registered so your second statement will never come true.

Thank you for not being helpful in this matter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This info is from a RELIABLE source & is pretty much what everyone else is saying. If it hasnt already been written in, you can write in how much you want to say you paid for it, however you dont want to go too low & look suspicious. IF you take the chance of riding the bike w/out registering it if/when you get pulled, your bike will be impounded & you will not be able to get it out because you will not be able to show proof of ownership which means you will be out the bike PLUS what you paid for it.

I think it would be worth registering.

·
Registered
41 Posts
JLAUDIO29 said:
#1 i already paid a nice chunk for the bike im not rich you want to pay it for me?

#2 im not going to ride my bike with out it being registered so your second statement will never come true.

Actually, I think everyone who has posted IS trying to help you out. If those are your options, then I guess you wont be riding.. just wishing you were.

·
Registered
41 Posts
JLAUDIO29 said:

I think everyone who has posted IS trying to help! If these are your options and you dont want to dish out the $$, I guess you wont be riding.. just wishing you were.

OOOPS-DOUBLE POST, MY APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not grumpy. #1 i am a very defensive person. #2 He told me to stop bitching and just pay.. that was totally uncalled for. #3 assumed that i would ride the bike unregistered and made a very rude comment. So i defended myself

Pimpsgirl - Thank you, if he had posted it in that matter. then i wouldnt have taken it the way i did.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PimpsGirl said:
I think everyone who has posted IS trying to help! If these are your options and you dont want to dish out the $$, I guess you wont be riding.. just wishing you were.

OOOPS-DOUBLE POST, MY APOLOGIES TO EVERYONE

Im sorry everyone else BUT him was helpful his comments did not provide any information to the questions i asked.

Darrly i am not trying to get on anyone badside. just understand the statements you made came off to me very rudly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts