Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cafe Racin Your Ass!
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal? My insurance company refuses to give me a resonable rate on my own insurance on a 30 year old bike and I have a spotless record :twofinger

Can I keep the bike titled in my name and have it insured by my moms insurance if I put myself as a driver on her plan?

Does it vary by state? By insurance?

Do the plates go to the registered owners name or to the title owner?

Thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
it varies from state to state i've insured many cars in my moms name and the title in mine worst come to worst just add your mom to the title.or take you off completly also protects from devorce

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Both my bike and my truck is actually registered in my father's and my name. I am still marked as primary driver/rider, however, on the insurance. It has helped enormously and I'm not pulling one over on anyone. :)

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
i think your mother needs to be on thr registration for it to be insured under her policy. the way the ins. co. sees it, they have no business insuring a vehicle that she has no potential of driving.

·
Registered
140 Posts
look around for quotes (if you haven't already) it might pay to kick your current insurance rapist to the curb. Progressive gave me a great quote on my GSXR and I ride with some guys that have State Farm (also cheap)

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
also gotta remember that if her name is on the insurance and you wreck and have to make a claim, that her insurance rates will go up too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.