Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows what is required to license and register a salvage title bike?? I called the DMV but after 30min or so on hold I gave up....my main question is do I need mirrors,turnsignals? and horn etc??

I know I need lights and tail lights...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Alf: Do you mean rebuilt or certificate of destruction?

You cannot register a certificate of destruction.

You can register a rebuilt just like a clear title bike. No difference.

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Salvage rebuild title....it can be registered...but needs to be inspected...I need to know what do I need to get to be inspected...but the DMV sucks...

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
ALF/USA said:
I have a Salvage rebuild title....it can be registered...but needs to be inspected...I need to know what do I need to get to be inspected...but the DMV sucks...

You bought the bike from someone... they gave you the title? Right? It says rebuilt on it right? If so, you don't have to do anything. You just go to the DMV or to a tag agency and register it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It sounds like you have the "rebuildable", but not yet rebuilt title. If so it does need to go through the inspection to transition to "rebuilt".

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the title reads.... "salvage...salvage..salvage...rebuildable...rebuildable...rebuildable"

·
Registered
820 Posts
In that case you will defeinitely need an inspection from what I have read. As far as turn signals, I don't know for sure. Is it required by florida law for bikes to have them or can you use hand signals? If it is not required then who needs them... Same question for the horn and mirrors.

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hobert said:
In that case you will defeinitely need an inspection from what I have read. As far as turn signals, I don't know for sure. Is it required by florida law for bikes to have them or can you use hand signals? If it is not required then who needs them... Same question for the horn and mirrors.

yes and no one can tell me for sure what the law is...I called the DMV all day yesterday and not a freaking soul knows..... :pisson

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hobert said:
i've registered a couple of bikes without turn signals. headlight, tail light, brake light and horn are the essentials.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Alf, it will also need a speedo/odometer. I had a friend build a chopper in his garage and had to get a DMV inspector to check it out. I'll make some calls and see if I can get you a number for an inspector. From what I remember there are only a couple of inspectors for the entire County. :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
What kinda bike is it? was it a ninja 250 off ebay? If so, i was looking at it as well.

I did some research, and it sounded like a pain, so didnt go for the bike. Pretty much you just have to make it look pretty again.. fix all the broken stuff. On the fairings, she wasnt sure if they had to be new(non cracked) or if just getting them painted so you dont see scratches is enough. You get it all good and ready, then you schedule an appointment at the Palmetto DMV office/tax collector office, and the guy will look it over then. Best bet is to try to call that office, and speak to someone who knows for sure.

Then it can be registered. Only problem is figuring out what has to be fixed, and what is fine.

·
I rock
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the bike has everything speedo,tach,etc...I only need to get headlights,taillight and horn...I ll make it a streetfigther look..with just one fog light as a headlight and the LED strip for taillight/brake light like Beafers and Juggs...horn I can get a cheap one....I just dont want to buy mirrors and turnsignals if not necessary....

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Alf, call Motoconnection and talk to Jayson. Ask him what they have to do to get it inspected...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts