Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that bought my reflector bracket (to go along with FAZR6's FE kit), be sure to check your rear shock setting. I noticed last night that my bracket was gouging up the top of my rear hugger, and more than likely forcing the hugger into the tire. This being the case, I realized that my shock wasn't set properly, and adjusted (bumped it up to 5, from 3) to keep me from doing that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah I learned the hard way the other night when riding 2 up for the first time. It dugged in into the fender quite a bit. But I ain't mad a ya.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hum .... maybe that's how that goug got in my hugger??? I'll have to take another look at it see if it lines up with the bracket. Details Details
I never expected to keep the bike lookin showroom quality anyway, especially with how much I ride. I do what I can but things are going to happen .... I'm more worried about the scratches I found in my tank anyway.
Either a small stone or bug with a hard shell got stuck between my leg and tank while I was ridin and left some small scratches. That or someone did it .... one of those things I'll never know for sure about.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greatzippy said:
Hum .... maybe that's how that goug got in my hugger??? I'll have to take another look at it see if it lines up with the bracket. Details Details
I never expected to keep the bike lookin showroom quality anyway, especially with how much I ride. I do what I can but things are going to happen .... I'm more worried about the scratches I found in my tank anyway.
Either a small stone or bug with a hard shell got stuck between my leg and tank while I was ridin and left some small scratches. That or someone did it .... one of those things I'll never know for sure about.
That's why I picked up the tank slapper stuff. From the looks of it, it's saved me from a few pretty good scratches/gouges.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone that's bought the bracket from me wants, I will remake a wider bracket that should hopefully put the reflectors out farther and away from the hugger.

I think it's more a sign of improper shock adjustment than anything though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts