Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished today with the engine ice flushed and replaced with distilled/water water, new air filter, checked the connections, mirrors off, signals out, taping glass tomorrow, chain cleaned and lubed, shakedown run complete. Heading to SC to hang with my bro then we hit the track sunday. Haven't had it on the track with the stainless lines/ hh pads and suspension redo. But man she's been tight in the twisties! If you're going look for the blue S-10 w/ blue gixxer and the sportbikes.net sticker and my bro's red durango w/trailered red R1. Cya at Kershaw.
"We are pround to present : "CAROLINA GP JAM 2005 " Sunday July 10 at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw SC from 7:00am to 7:00pm . Come and enjoy a special trackday with us. This event is feature packed for the true motorcycle fan. We will enjoy a full day of track riding, and then move to a HUGE AIR-CONDITIONED tent to enjoy a live viewing of the RED BULL US Grand Prix from MAZDA Raceway Laguna Seca on SIX widescreen TV's !!"
http://www.bmw-ducati.com/

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great, GREAT time today. Dunno total how many riders and spectator's showed up but it was packed. We had some great track time on the course at Kershaw. Lots of slick Ducatis to drool over. Red Bull was one of the sponsers and they were supplying the go juice throughout the day. We had a terrific bbq lunch in the ginormous air conditioned tent. The event was very well organized. Rumor has it there will be a spot on Gregg's garage so look out for it. I can't remember every sponsor but there was Red Bull, Parts Unlimited, Speedtv, and of course BMW- Ducati -Triumph- Aprilia & MV Agusta Motorcycles of Charlotte.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Think I saw ya out there. I was with a group of ten people. I was on the blue '05 636. Damn good trackday!! I'll post up pics and some on board video this week sometime :cheers

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suhweet! My poor diablos are shredded. Best thing was everyone went home in one piece. Kristin it was good times. The Ducati guys said there will be another one possibly in September?

·
Registered
95 Posts
steeltoe said:
Suhweet! My poor diablos are shredded. Best thing was everyone went home in one piece. Kristin it was good times. The Ducati guys said there will be another one possibly in September?
Very true, no bad crashes. I'll post up pics of my rennsports tonight, those things are TOAST :D I'll post up the video and pics in the picture section tonight when I get it all edited. What class were you running? I was supposed to be intermediate but they screwed up and I ran novice. Tell ya what though, running in novice was fun :D

Did you stick around for the race? Was cool to see two Americans come in 1st and 2nd in the first ever GP race in the states :banana

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup blue/white 750, black/silver leathers #75 I was there the whole time. I ran Novice banging 2-10's when I could get through the herd. Brian was doing 1-50s in Advanced the rat basturd. It was fun sliding through turn 12! I met some guys from Greenville I'm trying to place the faces though I do remember your bike. The GP race was incredible in that tent. Everyone cheering for our countrymen was really cool stuff. One thing I noticed that track is not nearly as hard on the tires as VIR seemed to be.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MAN thanks for the vid! I'll check out the rest. Next time I'll make an effort to meet some of you folk definitely. Are you doing VIR this coming weekend?

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NESBA day sat,sun and monday. I need to renew my membership plus the $20 late fee would be a pricey day. I'm planning on doing cornerspeed this year.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
Man that looks like so much fun, im sooooo jealous... What happened there at the end of the first vid, a rider went down? But you guys said o one was hurt, and that always a good day. Was the black bike an R1?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts