Sport Bikes banner

Recommend a Track in USA - (Year-round trackdays)! :)

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  L8 Braker 
#1 ·
Hey, I'm really enjoying my first liter bike on the street. I've been riding for several years, and I think it's time to start doing some track days in the spring of 2018 in Topeka, KS. The goal here is twofold: become a better rider, and start doing competitive racing. Long term goal is getting a road racing sponsor for the Isle of Man TT.
Anyways, first things first - I'm wanting to start doing track days and work my way up into the advanced group within a year or two, and then get into competitive racing.

Here's my issue: I currently live in Kansas! :( Weather for riding/racing is quite seasonal. I'm open to moving to a different state that way I can hit the track nearly every weekend. I really have no idea where a low cost of living is for trackdays year-round though. Generally speaking, places with good weather year-round like SoCal are expensive to live. I prefer a LOW cost of living, because as you all know...tires/racing is not cheap...heh...

TLDR: Are there any tracks in the states that you'd recommend for riding all throughout the year with a fairly low cost of living?
Thanks in advance for the replies - I appreciate it.

#2 ·
Jennings (Florida) is great, and it's almost always open for TDs. It's right at the state line so you could conceivably live in Florida, Georgia or Alabama and only be a few hours away.

A plus would be that, if you lived near Jennings, you'd also be fairly close to Barber and Road Atlanta.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I would want to be VERY close. Looks like a pretty good option. I also noticed Palm Beach International in Florida.
There are a couple tracks near Austin, TX as well. One of those 4 is probably what I'm looking at to keep the cost of living down.
I'd love to be in SoCal, but I would rather have more track days and more tires somewhere else. xD

#5 ·
Low cost of living? Well all of California is out then.
I dunno ... we have a nice encampment near Santa Cruz now. That'll put you about 45min from Laguna Seca and about 2hrs from Sears/Infineon. That leaves Buttonwillow to the north, Willow Springs, Streets of Willow, and whatever else is down in SoCal.

FWIW - I live about 15min from Laguna, but it's a mild fortune to get out there.

#6 ·
Lots of tracks out there. Problem is nice weather means higher costs of living, for the most part. Denver used to have some nice tracks. Eastern Oregon does too, but both get snow in the winter. Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA is very nice. Great elevation changes and options for longer or shorter circuits. Far enough away from the big cities to be cheaper rent, but you have to work too, so I guess that depends on what you can do. Or are willing to do...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.