Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
800 Posts
I know that you are in a difficult situation because of your feelings for your g/f and your desire to persue your dreams of playing soccer in Europe, but try to keep in mind that you are still young and this soccer thing is not forever. You and she can survive having a long distance relationship for a short period of time. I feel that is vitally important that you not give up your dreams in order to keep her and the relationship going.

The quality of long distance relationships is more likely to be enhanced if both you and she develop the facility to share feelings candidly with each other. Another key element is a demonstrated loyalty to long distance relationships by both parties.

What type of commitment, and how serious or important it is, will vary for different people. Being so far apart in long distance relationships, can be a frightening and perilous venture for most people, you must take into consideration, your readiness to take risks, and the existence of a firm and secure confidence in your existing relationship.

This doesn't imply that each of you needs to take up skydiving to prove their point, but rather, that each will trust that each one's own social life in their place of residence, will not be a risk in any way to the relationship. This type of assurance is vital in long distance relationships, if it isn't strong, you may need to make a intentional effort to work on it, both separately and together.
Independence for both of you, and at the same time a healthy level of reliance upon each other is also a key factor. When these exist, there is a sense of equilibrium in the empowerment for each person and at the same time, each of you can be self-directed but still have your emotional desires met by the other person.

In addition, with a suitable balance of independence and dependence, each of you is allowed, even encouraged, to develop and go through transformations as an individual, which everyone requires to feel whole and complete, regardless of any commitment to a long distance relationship.

It is also important not to suppose that your g/f or yourself will forever stay precisely the same as when the long distance relationships first got underway. When these parts of the relationship are strong, the important factors tend to be naturally present.

None of these things can give the relationship any certainty if there is unambiguous expectations of the nature of the friendship on the part of each of you.

It is great if you can work out your own individual expectations of the other person and of the relationship, and then talk about them with each other so that both of you know what you want and where differences may exist in each others expectations.

I went thru and survived a long distance relationship for several years and can say I am better for having experienced it. He got to fufill his dreams and so did I.
Good luck, and keep the faith!

· Registered
800 Posts
So sorry to hear that your g/f has ALREADY moved on ~ geeeeeez that was quick and perhaps for the better. Now you don't have to anquish over going to Italy and pursuing your dreams.
My son went to the bike races in Italy last month and he said that Italy had the most beautiful women he had eve seen. So perhaps this was a blessing in disguise. One door closes and another opens.
Good luck ~ :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.