Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought a 2009 fz6r for my brother and for some reason it sits way lower than my 2011 i have already played with the rear shock bringing it from 1-7 but that doesnt change the height of the tail, also theres no lowering kits installed from what i have seen it looks exactly like my 2011, is the 09 shorter than the 2011 on the back?, thank you for the help!

·
Registered
208 Posts
so i just bought a 2009 fz6r for my brother and for some reason it sits way lower than my 2011 i have already played with the rear shock bringing it from 1-7 but that doesnt change the height of the tail, also theres no lowering kits installed from what i have seen it looks exactly like my 2011, is the 09 shorter than the 2011 on the back?, thank you for the help!
Are you sure it doesn't have a lowering kit? Many lowering links look identical to the stock parts except for the length, which is longer than stock. Not generally apparent to the naked eye. The billet linkage pivots or extensions are also pretty low key, visually.

The FZ6R is a little different from the FZ6, but I don't know if the seat height is much different. The Wiki lists the seat height for the pre-'07 bikes as 31.5" with an overall height of 47.8". The '07-on are all listed as .2" shorter, 47.6" with a seat height of 31.3", so the '09 and '11 should be the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts