Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, first post.

I currently ride a 'zook rf600, but am looking to upgrade (mainly due to transmission problems). I talked to a guy with an add in the paper for an '03 R1 salvage title, black w/ red flames. It has been mostly fixed (except a small ding in the stock can and small scrape on blinker). It seems that I can get it for $5500 USD, but I'm not sure what fair prices are for bikes in this situation.

Background on the bike was that it was all cosmetic (not flooded or anything), and no mechanical problems. Wasn't wrecked, so no bent frame or the like. ONLY cosmetic.

What do you guys think? Also, do you know if the salvage will come off the title if it crosses state lines? I suspect not, but currently, it is a Missouri title and I live in Kansas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I dont think Salvage will come off the title, However Salvage bikes.. can be a good finds. As long as it was all cosmentic or you know what exactally was done to it and how it was repaired. i would inspect the bike in person and mabe even ask for a test ride to make sure the transmission is fine. but it dosnt seem to unresonable. check out www.damagebikes.com or if you have any other questions on salvage stuff i can probably answer them for you. pm me or hit me up on aim: JLAUDIO29

1 - 3 of 3 Posts