Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to sports bikes as most of the bikes I have rode were either cruisers or dirt bikes/enduro's. I have a 1991 GSX1100FM Katana that I am rebuilding and turning into something that I can call my own creation so to speak. I have a few questions for the experienced riders and ones that have had multiple sports bikes. I am loooking for a different headlight assy.; gauge cluster; tail light assy.; also looking into making a custom fiberglass fairing; and I am also in need of riding gear (preferred theme bright green on black). If you know of any slick looking items to help me customize my bike please feel free to give me the info that I would need in order to obtain these items and if I do use them I will let you know and show you what the final project looks like. I do actually have some things done already to it. I will post what I have as soon as I take some pictures of it. Thank you and I appreciate your time, input, and advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I did the font as sort of an example of the green I was wanting. Yes the Kawasaki green is what I have been looking for so far but far and few between have I found any helmets I liked with matching color or a decent design.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The plus side to the Katana 1100 is that most GSXR1100 upgrades work. Personally, I think I would leave the fairing be. If memory serves me correct that vintage katana had the adjustable windscreen. It's a really nice thing to have. The last few Katana 1100's I've seen have been stretched and lowered with the addition of wheels and GSXR1100 parts and updates. It's a cool bike.

As far as gear goes, everyone sells Kawasaki green gear, you just have to look. It's usually on clearance as well, but it's usually a slow seller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts