Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a larger rear tire on my 250, but the damn thing is so small i'm thinkin that i'll have to get a new rim to fit on the larger tire? i dont know much about it so ANY help is appreciated!
thanks in advance
beto...

·
Registered
968 Posts
By larger what exactly do you mean. Diameter of the tire. The 250 uses a 16in. tire if I'm not mistaken. Or are you talking about width. Going to wide can negatively affect handling. If you still have stock tires you might want to change them for a different brand of the same size.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dont stick to the stock size or brand the Dunlops suck big time. I have the bridgestone bt 45 battleaxes on mine. The handling and ride improves noticeably with these on. I went with a little b***** tire but if you do this you have to change the front too. 130/90/16 rear 100/90/16 front, you can get a 110/90/16 for the front but that requires modding your fender. Change the stockers out you will be glad you did.
Hope this helps
-Richard

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe a 130 in the rear. I know the MT75 is only a 120, but it holds pretty damn well!! on the track even with me on it. Dunlop makes the GT501 and you can get it in a 130. I heard it is pretty nice, but then your gonna pay about $180 a set instead of $105 delivered for the MT75.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts