Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed, more often than I like, when I'm accelerating through my lefts lately I notice the rear sliding out from under me... I'm not applying any brake. What the heck could I be doing wrong? Do I just keep getting all the intersections with big old cager piss all over them?
 

·
Ride Naked
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Do I just keep getting all the intersections with big old cager piss all over them?
That's a possiblility. There's a couple of intersections around my place that I've learned that I just have to go easier through them than I do others because they seem to ALWAYS be slick. Or, could it be that you are getting more comfortable leaning and getting into section of tire (chicken strip) that wasn't worn in yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about the chicken strips I'm definately leaning a LOT more agressively than I was a few weeks ago when I was new on the bike... but damn, some intersections around my neighborhood are just pools of black sludge. I just can't figure out why people insist on driving hunks of junk that are leaking like crazy and not bother to at least get them in some kind of respectable condition. Would tightening the drain bolt really take that much effort?
 

·
Ride Naked
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Binary Jay said:
I just can't figure out why people insist on driving hunks of junk that are leaking like crazy and not bother to at least get them in some kind of respectable condition. Would tightening the drain bolt really take that much effort?
Some people just don't care. Remember though, most probably do, but just can't afford to do everything the car needs because they can barely keep their heads above water financially. I was there when I first got married... things were TIGHT, and I drove the only thing I could afford. It was ugly, needed tuned up, etc... but I couldn't do anything about it. I was just glad to have something to get me to work. Even though I've been there, done that, I'm still quick to judge them just the same and think, "Why don't you fix that piece of @#&$?!?" In reality though, I think everyone would drive a nice car if the could afford one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When half of the cars I see leaking oil have spinners and rediculous wings bolted onto the trunk you have to wonder, though. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I have found that paint on the road is much more slick than the pavement. At intersections, there is a lot more paint so watch out!

something to think about anyway......
 

·
Ride Naked
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Binary Jay said:
When half of the cars I see leaking oil have spinners and rediculous wings bolted onto the trunk you have to wonder, though. :)
No doubt about that. The $900.00 car with the $3,500.00 rim / tire combo and $2,500.00 stereo system is popular in Florida. THAT I will NEVER understand. Those people are in a category all their own. :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
crx81 said:
No doubt about that. The $900.00 car with the $3,500.00 rim / tire combo and $2,500.00 stereo system is popular in Florida. THAT I will NEVER understand. Those people are in a category all their own. :rolleyes
My truck looks like hell simply because it's a 10 year old Japanese vehicle that has been through at LEAST 4 NY winters. I have a stereo in it, but that's only because it's been transplanted through my last couple vehicles. So that COULD be one reason, though I don't know how likely it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,600 Posts
kneeforu said:
I have found that paint on the road is much more slick than the pavement. At intersections, there is a lot more paint so watch out!

something to think about anyway......

Hear, Hear...I have almost bit pavement a couple of times going into a corner hot and drifting out to the centerline. There have been times it felt like I was hitting a slick curb!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,070 Posts
crx81 said:
No doubt about that. The $900.00 car with the $3,500.00 rim / tire combo and $2,500.00 stereo system is popular in Florida. THAT I will NEVER understand. Those people are in a category all their own. :rolleyes
I can only speak for myself, but I had to spend a couple thousand on my stereo just to drown out the racket of my car slowly rattling and wheezing its way to an untimely end. If only they made air fresheners strong enough to cover the smell of burning oil, I'd be all set.

(Bought an FZ6 instead of a new car. :))
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top