Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike for its first punt through some twistys. Felt real good - but - the pegs are a little too forward when trying to get your weight over the front.
Has anybody gone for aftermarket rear sets? I had a look at the Rizoma sets - they look real slick but I'm looking at $1200 big ones due to a slack aussie$.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Mick

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
silverbullet said:
Took my bike for its first punt through some twistys. Felt real good - but - the pegs are a little too forward when trying to get your weight over the front.
Has anybody gone for aftermarket rear sets? I had a look at the Rizoma sets - they look real slick but I'm looking at $1200 big ones due to a slack aussie$.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Mick
Without dropping 1200 big ones, I'd prolly adjust the bars to a lower position and lower the shift/brake levers. I think this would give you a more aggressive riding position. You could even replace the stock bars for less than 1200. Should prolly start with.....how tall are you?

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
1200 bucks!!??!!....with that money...i'd get carbon fiber wheels... or a trek carbon bike...or ...what else is carbon.....

That's a ridiculous amount of money for some rear sets is all I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats $1200AU or about $800 Americans and yes its ridiculous and no I'd never pay it.

I'm a bit over 6 foot (185cm). I've Already dropped the front through 30mm - but when getting going it feels uncomfortable with my legs as forward as they are.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I oredered them here in the usa and I was quoted less than 600, and yes they look great, cannot wait to get mine

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aftermarket rearsets have 2 advantages...
1. They move the position of the pegs back and higher up (the best ones are fully adjustable). By moving your feet and legs back it naturally rotates your body weight forward which I find is a better position when scootin along.
2. By moving the pegs up you gain more ground clearance - which on the FZ6 doesn't look to be a problem. I dodn't know about anybody else but I had quite a few people ask my if it is an enduro bike because of its high stance.

Unfortunately here in Australia we pay alot more for our toys due to being about far away for every conrner of the world as possible and small population (less demand).

·
Registered
193 Posts
also, when I am parked and have my feet on the ground the stock pegs hit right in my legs, making me keep my legs wider and it is plain uncomfortable, bieng able to move the pegs rear will cure this and make it much more comfortable when riding

1 - 11 of 11 Posts