Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought the arata rear sets and i am having some issues on things lining up

(Rear brake)>>
I called them and they told me that they eliminate one of the springs... thats fine.
But my problem is getting the cotter pin and the master cylinder to be lined up with the mounting of the whole thing. Does this make sense?

Basically when i put the post where the cotter pin attaches to into its place i can not bolt up the rest of the brake assem.

IN the pictures... the two holes at the bottom is where the cotter pin and rod go and the two mounting holes at top is where they dont align...
Now i am guessing that the place where the cotter pin goes into can be ajusted cause i can see the ajustment nuts... but i cant get it to move. Every time i try and turn it it moves the whole thing... and i dont want to break the spring inside the master cylinder

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ideally, you should have loosened those nuts before. So you might need to reassemble the OEM peg, loosen the bolts and then proceed. Leave them loose until you decide where the lever needs to rest, and don't forget to check/adjust your brake light swithc.

Scott :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok sounds good. I always do something out of order. Altough with these expensive ass rear sets came absolutly no instructions. I guess they figured people like me wernt out there ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scotteq said:
Ideally, you should have loosened those nuts before. So you might need to reassemble the OEM peg, loosen the bolts and then proceed. Leave them loose until you decide where the lever needs to rest, and don't forget to check/adjust your brake light swithc.

Scott :)

Just one more question scott,

The bottom bolt on the ajusting mechanism doesn't look to me as if it can be moved... is this a problem or does only the top one need to be moved?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts