Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought the Rear Paddock Stand from cycle gear today and I am trying to install it on the rear tire but I have no clue how to. I am lost in the sauce.

Can somebody please help me out. Tell me how to install it.
I am very new to this.

Here is the pictures of what it looks like

thank you

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Nope I didn't get it because it came with the spools
There are no spools shown in your original post.

The stand comes with two interchangeable types of lifts. The one you have installed are hooks that work WITH spools that you obtain separately and install in your swingarm. There are various kinds of spools intended to install in different ways - some bikes come with threaded holes in the swingarm to screw in spools, or you can get rods that run through the axle and provide spools on the ends, or you can drill and tap your swingarm, which I strongly advise against.

The other lift type is the pads shown separately in your picture. Those are for swingarms without spools. The pads go under the swingarm and lift it directly, scratching the shit out of it unless you use rags on each one.

The spools are more secure if your bike can fit them.

KeS

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
You can also use two appropriately sized bolts from the hardware store in lieu of the spools if you're a cheap bastard like me... Or don't want to wait for them to come in the mail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are no spools shown in your original post.

The stand comes with two interchangeable types of lifts. The one you have installed are hooks that work WITH spools that you obtain separately and install in your swingarm. There are various kinds of spools intended to install in different ways - some bikes come with threaded holes in the swingarm to screw in spools, or you can get rods that run through the axle and provide spools on the ends, or you can drill and tap your swingarm, which I strongly advise against.

The other lift type is the pads shown separately in your picture. Those are for swingarms without spools. The pads go under the swingarm and lift it directly, scratching the shit out of it unless you use rags on each one.

The spools are more secure if your bike can fit them.

KeS
Got a part number for the spools??

·
5,547 Posts
Dude didn't that stand come with instructions? Ever thought about searching the forum on how to use front and rear stands? Ever thought about searching YouTube for videos on how to use the stand? You need swingarm spools to hook and pivot the rear stand on.

This is the third time I'm going to suggest this. The search function of SBN works quite well. Looks like need you need to stick with the simple stuff like learning about your bike and basic operation of the bike. And things like removing cotter pins from the rear axle and NOT wheelies.

Here's a few pics of my ZZR on the rear stand this past winter after installing the new chain and sprockets.

If you're tired of wrestling with an old, bent cotter pin every time you change your rear tire you need an axle clip like I have.

Attachments

·
5,547 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No. Go and do some of your own work, can't you?

KeS
Oh well Kevin, I guess others can't read. But on the other hand....:learn

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude didn't that stand come with instructions? Ever thought about searching the forum on how to use front and rear stands? Ever thought about searching YouTube for videos on how to use the stand? You need swingarm spools to hook and pivot the rear stand on.

This is the third time I'm going to suggest this. The search function of SBN works quite well. Looks like need you need to stick with the simple stuff like learning about your bike and basic operation of the bike. And things like removing cotter pins from the rear axle and NOT wheelies.

Here's a few pics of my ZZR on the rear stand this past winter after installing the new chain and sprockets.

If you're tired of wrestling with an old, bent cotter pin every time you change your rear tire you need an axle clip like I have.
I definitely was having a blonde moment lol
But i got it figured out and of course thanks for your help to. Can't believe I asked a question that dumb on here.

I got the front and back up and will post up pics of the finished wheel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts