Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures and question in next post to skip the BS

Hmmm where to start.... I bought myself some new parts. New chain, brake pads, sprockets, and a new full exhaust:D I also am now street legal with insurance and new license plate!!!111one [ See my other threads ]

I picked this weekend to install the V&H SS2R, and everything else next week. Knowing I dont have a stock tail and my other exhaust is in half, I made myself some parts to hold this one on.

After installing it, which was a pain in the ass to do outside an apartment on my own... I changed the oil then started it up. The first thing I noticed was how great it sounded compared to the SS, which was basically a D&D clone. It was deep at idle, not loud at all, and sounded great at 12k too. The SS sounded like a woman giving birth compared to this one :lao

Drill some holes, steal some scrap metal from work...and vuala! A custom mount. Its very pretty I know. Dont be jealous.

· Registered
707 Posts
MAd Max it........

· Registered
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And man, it was such an amazing feeling being on the road and not have a care in the world. Believe it or not... this is the first ride Ive gone WOT with it. Ive been commuting everywhere before, and illegally. Dont want unwanted attention.

How do you winter fellas do it? I got bitchy as hell for a about a month and a half straight for not riding. Almost lost some friends because I couldnt have my fix!

· Registered
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because it might match better. If the bike were pink and the pipe was green I can not care what it looks like, but still want the pipe to look better by being pink. Does that make sense? :-/

Forgot to mention my helmet

Like it?:eek:nfloor

· Registered
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KevinCBR1k said:
The helmet is very nice!.....just don't let 'em sneak up and run you over......they're b***** than you are... :eek:nfloor

Yea I know at every stop light Im going to be thinking why I did that. Im going to get run over even more than I already am:(

DOH!

· Registered
997 Posts
are you making gumbo in that pot? lol. bike looks sweet with the stainless exhaust to offset the flat black, I wouldnt paint it.

Cool bike. I'm gonna have to see (and hear) this thing in person when you get it pieced together how you want it. If you do any bike nights or hill country rides let me know.

· Registered
11,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think im going to rattle the can itself black, but leave the tip and the mouth of the can silver and the headers silver. If I dont like it il do the whole thing black:)

· Sport Tourer
1,731 Posts
Just scotchbrite the can. The silver looks good with the black, and matte/brushed would rock! If you don't like that, painting the can will be easer for you. Win/win.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.