Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know a VERY reputable real estate agent I can deal with from Florida? I am looking at getting some property up there and would like to find someone I can trust to find me some good land at a good price. I will then drive up there to inspect it and sign paper work. thanks...

I am also open to buying from a private individual if the price is right!

Looking for three to five acres, It does not need to be cleared but it must be accessible by car and motorcycle. :banana

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Go to Century 21's website (don't know what it is), and find the Sanford, NC office. Find, or email Larry Cheatem (yes that's his real last name, no he won't cheat'em).

He was my next door neighbor for 24 years (all my life) and is a very good, reputable guy. Tell him what you want, in what kind of neighborhood you want, for the price you want, and he WILL find it... if it exists anyway.

How much are you looking to spend anyway? My parents have about 8 acres for sale in a subdivision (out in the country tho. maybe 15 homes there, and each has around a 2 - 40 acre yard/lot). The 8 acre lot is on a paved rd, and has been clear cut. However, there's lots of small trees, and wood trash that the cutters left behind (big logs and such). Has a beutiful 18 acres lake right down the rd from the land, that is private to home/landowners in the subdivision (called Carolina Forests).

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
what part of FLA are you looking in...I just bought a house here in tally...I know a couple of people you can talk to...and some you should stay away from...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tragik, I am not real sure what the property values are going for up there. I have heard everything from 2,000.00 in some areas to unbelievably expensive. I would like to find something in the Bryson City area if at all possible but price will probably determine a lot.

Bumblebee, I live in Flroida and I am looking to buy in North Carolina.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Where is Bryson City? Never even heard of it... must meen it's no where close. lol

Regardless, get in touch with the real estate angent I mentioned earlier. He's a great guy and won't rip you off.

Land normally goes anywhere between 1,000 an acre, to the sky is the limit. I'll get a price on my parents land and let you know.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TRaGiK said:
Where is Bryson City? Never even heard of it... must meen it's no where close. lol

Regardless, get in touch with the real estate angent I mentioned earlier. He's a great guy and won't rip you off.

Land normally goes anywhere between 1,000 an acre, to the sky is the limit. I'll get a price on my parents land and let you know.
Thanks. Please let me know what your parents are asking for the land and I will get back to you.

PM me the info if you do not mind.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tragik,

Have you heard anything yet??? :banana

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) Well I found some property just outside of Bryson City! 4.5 acres with a stream on it and best of all it has a waterfall across the street visible from a good building area on the property. I have another choice on the property that has views of the mountains. Woo Hoo :banana !

Did I mention I am only about 30 minutes from the Dragon also :banana :fiddy :beer !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
hey man i am actually in the real estate business, if you need a person to talk to call John Poltrock at 828.508.5646 and tell him that brian s. sent you. i live up in this area and he will be able to help you out a lot.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bsmith00 said:
hey man i am actually in the real estate business, if you need a person to talk to call John Poltrock at 828.508.5646 and tell him that brian s. sent you. i live up in this area and he will be able to help you out a lot.
I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN EARLIER :bitchslap ! I have been looking for a while now and came across this piece. I should know by next week whether I am getting it or not.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tragik, if u didn't figure it out from the pics Bryson City's in the mountains...i passed through there when i was goin to deals gap.....Bryson City would be an awesome location to live, lot of awesome roads out that way man...good luck

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guys, as far as I know this is a done deal. We have reached an agreement on price, I have been approved by the bank, the equity in my little home has far exceeded my expectations, so I am good to go. I guess now we wait on the closing and then she is mine. I am probably going to place a "yurt" on the property after I get it excavated and use that for a getaway place until we can build a cabin or retirement home.

www.yurts.com

·
Registered
112 Posts
Let me know when you get ready for countertops in your house. The company I work for does Soild Surface, Granite, and Quartz. I will do everything in my power to hook you up with a good deal in exchange for a place to sleep close to the gap.
Kevin Osborne
Constrata Surface Innovations
cell-(919) 422 2018
Home-(252)430 7364

·
Registered
430 Posts
and holler at me if you want to ride !
im still lookign for at least one person to ride with ! (nobody lives up here, they just come, look around and leave!)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those yurts are cool, I saw some at a dual-sport rally I went to a few weeks back, the guy that owned them was from Ocala.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zrexrob said:
Those yurts are cool, I saw some at a dual-sport rally I went to a few weeks back, the guy that owned them was from Ocala.
I know who you are talking about. He actually lives across the street from my coworker. He also rents some out in Ducktown, Tennessee. I may try and get out there and see how they live, just to get an idea. But the wife doesn't seem to be too thrilled about them so i don't know if it will happen or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts