Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been riding for 2 years about 15,000 miles on a honda cbr 600 f3. Do yall think i could handle a new gsxr 100

·
Registered
681 Posts
GSXRGUY said:
The only one who will know if you are ready is you.
That and do you really NEED another 70+hp?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Do I think you can "handle" a Gixxer 1k? Probably, but since I don't know you nor have I seen you riding, the only one who can answer it properly is yourself.

Think about two things...

1. The new liter bikes make about twice as much power as your F3.
2. Insurance will be much higher than on your 600. Call around and start getting quotes.

Why do you want a b***** bike? It's not because you're riding at the limits of the bike... I'd say about 95% of the riders out there can't do that. Why not go to a Gixxer 750 instead?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Personally... I don't think anybody short of a seasoned road racer is really ready to "step up" to any of the new 1000cc race replica machines. But if you feel like you've acquired enough experience to simply survive the encounter with such a beast... go right ahead.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
just think about al the people that say they bought 1000s and they would rather ride there 600 because it handles better id go with the 750 also youll never really need more than that

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with the 750 coment, the new gsxr has been one of the top 2-3 bikes in every review this year, you might want to try that for about 2 years then if it still doesnt have enough power then step up to the 1000cc monsters.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking about a zx-6r(636) or a new gixxer 750.A lot riders tell me they cant even use half the power on their litter bikes on the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts