Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

As if everyone hasn't heard of no-helmet horror stories, here is one more. I was at the Kawasaki shop and my buddy who works there told me that a squid was trying to impress some people on his Gixxer1000. So he got going about 45 in a 25 zone, somehow sat on his tank and propped his legs over his bars.....and u know what happened next. He gave it too much gas, had no way to tap his rear brake, and went right over backwards hitting his head first...with no helmet. His skull got cracked from the back to the middle of his head, among other skin rashes, and somehow, he is alive. So here is my question, if he was asking to die so bad, is this the most miraculous thing ever? AND do you think that he will wear a helmet now, or will he just stop doing stupid shit? I don't know, I just hate to hear this shit b/c this is exactly why Harley riders and everyone else hates rockets, b/c they think we are all reckless like that. WEAR A HELMET!

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
It's not a miracle, it seems the stupidest people on Earth are somehow protected from dying, while the good ones seem to always die. He won't start wearing a helmet, he'll still do stupid stuff (well, this all depends how alive he is, and how well he recovers). People like that don't ever learn, and they won't die either, because Darwin only requires a few examples a year, the rest of the dipshits live forever.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Could not say it better myself.

The good die young it seems and the assholes no one likes or would even miss,make 90. This dumb shit will recover fully and probably pull some other dumb shit. His kind never learn.

·
Registered
457 Posts
he won't wear a helmet...

guy at my gym.. had a F2, F3, F4, 929...

i see him one day driving and i am like.. dude.. where is your bike.. and he is like man.. i gave up on bikes.. everybike i have.. i wreck them, and i am like you just need to chill out man.

ironically he was one of the people who told me i look big on a gixxer 6 and should get a gixxer 1k..

but anyway... so i see him last night when i am coming from the gym. He is on a yellow/black F4i .. no lid.. no jacket.. just shades and a tank top and i am thinking.. ok you wrecked 4 bikes.. you of all people should be wearing all your gear..

·
Registered
457 Posts
that kinda looks like my Shoei RF-900 .. i blanked out the first impact on the pavement.. but i was fine after that.

went out and got me a RF-1000 after that

BurnCycle said:
And I didn't feel a thing (head impact wise)...

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Wow, how can you mess up such an easy "stunt"? Talk about lack of skills and brain power for not even wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
558 Posts
my buddy died from wearing no helmet. He almost always wore his helmet but one day he had his uncle over and was just showing him some wheelies up and down his residential street on his busa. He looped it and ripped the back half of his skull off.

Another friend of mine was flying down a back road on his gixxer he had no helmet and a backpack on. The road made a sharp turn that he didn't see in time, he lowsided and slid across someone's front lawn, his backpack caught a tree and ripped the muscle and skin off the bone on his arm, this caused him to swing around and plant his face in the tree. He now has a little t-rex arm, and half a face, little kids cry and run away from him when he goes out. used to be a good lookin dude, now he looks like sloth from the goonies.

needless to say I always wear a helmet.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I hear alot of Harley/Squid riders use this excuse for riding with no helmet:

"If I wreck bad on a bike I don't want to live out the rest of my life badly disfigured or paralyzed"

Well, NEWS FLASH, the fact is, when you crash on a bike, wearing a helmet or not, odds are, you are going to survive. So it's a BS argument that holds no water. All not wearing that helmet is gonna do, is mess up your face along with the rest of your body. You might get "lucky" and die from not wearing a helmet, but probably not, you are probably just gonna walk around looking like Sloth the rest of your life (as Neverlose stated above)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do u guys feel about this argument...."I don't wear gear on the highway b/c if I wreck I'm going to die anyways." Needless to say, it's a pretty stupid argument. I don't ride w/ people like that, I can't stand them.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
I dont wear a helmet, but then again, I dont stunt and shit. However....today I sucked up a couple of insects and got one in the eye, im thinking bout bringing my shoei out.
As for crackhead and any other fool that stunts, at least TRY and use your head non-literally because after it happens, these post wont matter anyhow.

·
Banned
611 Posts
firefighter81 said:
It's not a miracle, it seems the stupidest people on Earth are somehow protected from dying, while the good ones seem to always die. He won't start wearing a helmet, he'll still do stupid stuff (well, this all depends how alive he is, and how well he recovers). People like that don't ever learn, and they won't die either, because Darwin only requires a few examples a year, the rest of the dipshits live forever.

haha that is hilarous

·
Registered
13 Posts
firefighter81 said:
+1..I agree with you 100% We always loose the good ones :( I dont understand it how people ride without a helmet..Almost after every ride I have to clean off my visor from all the Insects i ran into. This past weekend, I was riding home in the afternoon going about 20 MPH with my visor up and all of a sudden i get nailed right under my eye with a small pebble..Still got that mark and if that would have nailed me in the eye i think i would have been in some serious pain!!

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
the main argument for a helmet in this case is that he may not have had a cracked skull at all.

just the fact that he lived is not an anti-helmet case because he is still in the hospital and could be for a long time with possible brain-damage...all things that are less likely with a helmet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have that same helmet! Except it's my passenger helmet and I have an AC-11 now. Good to see that it worked :D

BurnCycle said:
And I didn't feel a thing (head impact wise)...

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Twinsen said:
Wow, how can you mess up such an easy "stunt"? Talk about lack of skills and brain power for not even wearing a helmet.
i think he was goin for a highchair...thats not an easy stunt bro. not for a beginner anyways

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I was just thinkin' Don't you have to have something in your skull to protect? Isn't THAT why you wear a helmet. Sounds to me like this fellow doesn't qualify....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts