Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone own one of these or know much about it?
Trying to find out about the Thermostat..what temp does it open? 180,190,200 degrees..

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I had mine open for the 1st time tonight while I was waiting on one of my friends to switch from his chopper to his cruiser. Was just letting it idle, because if you turn it on and it's not warmed up fully when you turn it off, it will foul your plugs.

Don't remember the exact number but pretty sure it was around 218-220. That is actually cooler than my F4i which saw 223 quite often. When people tell you "RC's run really hot", it's a bunch of BS. Maybe if you are sitting in traffic when it's 95 deg. out or if you're on a tight track, but they still shouldn't run hot. At least mine doesn't. The whole reason people say "they run hot", isn't because they run hotter than other bikes. It's because they have side mounted radiators which are directing the heat right up towards you.

Riding home on the highway at 60mph, my temp gauge got down to 174 and stayed there.

People can gripe about the RC all they want, I love mine. It's not a good 'around town' bike, the seat is hard like most Hondas, and yes the heat off of the radiators is thrown right at you. That's just it though, it's not made for cruising around town, it's made for curvy roads and tracks. Most of my friends ride cruisers and most of them make around 40-50hp. Their bikes may be more comfortable, but that's the price you pay for having almost 3x the horsepower and handling they can only dream of.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Josh D said:
When people tell you "RC's run really hot", it's a bunch of BS. Maybe if you are sitting in traffic when it's 95 deg. out or if you're on a tight track, but they still shouldn't run hot. At least mine doesn't. The whole reason people say "they run hot", isn't because they run hotter than other bikes. It's because they have side mounted radiators which are directing the heat right up towards you.
They do run hot. Never had my superhawk hit 257 deg. in the summer time but the RC51 has. It often gets into the 230's even in the morning when it is cool. They absolutely run hot for many reasons other than side mounted radiators, such as aerodynamics of the full fairings, the fact that it's a big v-twin, temp. at which the fans turn on.

215 deg F sound right to anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts