Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the spec sheet on both these bike's but I was wondering how diffrent they are? In a few year's I'd like to move up to a more capable bike and I love the the sound of a V-Twin but I can't afford a Ducky. I was also considering an SV1000 what are you're thought on these bikes?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know anything about the SV or Superhawk beyond what I've read on these boards, but I picked up an '04 RC51 about 3 weeks ago and I've had an ear-to-ear grin going since then. Sweet ride, and sounds awesome. Not as fast as the new inline 4 liter bikes but I didn't buy it to drag race it.

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
mcoomer said:
I don't know anything about the SV or Superhawk beyond what I've read on these boards, but I picked up an '04 RC51 about 3 weeks ago and I've had an ear-to-ear grin going since then. Sweet ride, and sounds awesome. Not as fast as the new inline 4 liter bikes but I didn't buy it to drag race it.

Mike

Mike, you da man!!! :)

Can't say it any better about the RC51.. I have had mine for a year now, 22,400 miles, and a locked grin every day!! Every single phucking day!! :)

Not only that, the RC51 is dam near bullet proof. I had a little coolant leak, which was fixed under warranty, melting dash, fixed under warranty, and the rear cowl came unloose, fixed under warranty.

The bike is running so good at 22.4k, that I skipped the 16k valve check, going to get that done at 30k! :)

Now, not to take anything away from the SV or the Superhawk...IMO, the SV is the better of the two. The RC51 is a purist's bike. 1000% sportbike, and it seems like only purist's love them too!! :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Superchicken gets about 75% of the distance the Arsey does before it needs gas.....and the arsey won't get you far over 100 miles before she screams for food

Superchicken is more of a touring bike than anything..it can be MADE to be a bit sporty.....but you can't make a race car out of a buick century

The Arsey is like howard said 1000% supersport and your back and passenger will remind you of that on every ride. Howards an old fart and tough as nails so it don't get to HIM, but many complain of wrist and back issues for a short while.

The SV won't compare to the Arsey in performance....it's alot like the superchicken...more touring than sport, but still a hellova bike

If you're into aggressive riding..track days, corner carving, you know....basically what SPORTBIKES are made for the Arsey will be your bag.....but if you don't do track days EVER.....rarely lay waste to the twisties, and prefer riding at a pace where you can enjoy your surroundings.....the SV or superchicken is what you'll enjoy

You just can't RIDE an RC-51 with any common sense :lol

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Hey redlinger

That picture of Troy you see up there,he wrecked his bike and knocked out all his teeth.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. I thought that was a one of those new ARAI helmet's.

Want everyone to think your a squid with out putting your ass on the line? Buy ARAI's new Squiditator and everyone will think your a retarded badass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh no..I see Caster Troy is still banging around! Hey bro, how ya been? What happened to the 1 liter duc eater? heh heh heh I sold my TLR too, got smart and got a 2002 RC51. Taking it to the Gap in a few weeks to see how she turns. Good to see a familiar face.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
I have a Superhawk. It was Honda's first attempt at a Ducati style bike. It's not really a touring bike at all but it leans toward the mild end of sportbike. You can travel on it as I did for a week recently. It's basically at the end of it's life in the current model.

The RC is more of a full on sportbike and a performance rival for the sportiest Ducatis.

TLs are closer to a Superhawk. They can't touch an RC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Superhawk and love it. Im sure you will love the RC, what you WONT love is the hardcore insurance you will pay on it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BTW........I do have to mention, as much as I love my Superhawk, I also am planning on getting a rc51, or a 1000rr. Insurance is SO worth it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i'd get the tiller but thats my .02

i also have a superhawk but have way too much miney put into it just to keep up with tillers which isnt even working right now :hshot

·
Registered
24 Posts
mcoomer said:

Mike
Like you said, not as fast but DAMN can the rc51 handle or what! Let me tell you, my buddy has an '03 and that thing is just raw. It loves to be pushed in turns. The more you give it, the more it takes. Doesn't get better than that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had a SuperHawk and the only thing sucking on it was the gas. About 90 miles per tank. But dammm it was fu*&ing awesome to ride through the twisties. I have a ZX9 now and my next sportbike will only be an RC. I just wish it came in all black or black/gray.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have owned rc51's since i first saw one in 2000 i try to get a new one each year i currently have a 03 and i have never been happier. the duckies are nice but more a name the RC51 lives up to its reputaiton i have yet to see a ducati take a RC51. it is both great for street and track . if this bike has a future with you i can promise you that you wont be disappointed, however a good thing to remember a 600 can kill you but a 1000 wants to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
does any one know what is going to happen to the RC51 for 2005 are they going to take it away now that it has been replaced by the 1000RR or what it is too good of a bike to just let fade away like so many others

1 - 18 of 18 Posts