Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only seen the slver color scheme in the us..Did honda make a different color scheme besides this? I have seen a mostly red, and a mostly white pictures..are thet from other countries? are they custom?

·
Registered
321 Posts
ecooke21 said:
I have only seen the slver color scheme in the us..Did honda make a different color scheme besides this? I have seen a mostly red, and a mostly white pictures..are thet from other countries? are they custom?
They are from other countries. The white I know is European.

ceh

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
Red is available in europe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The silver toped RC51 is the American model with a few little changes in 4 years.

Euro models started out all red, the went to all white to commemorate Mr Edwards championships.

There was a very limited all silver euro model, and I think Austrailia has one thats mostly black.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ! I have a white with silver wings, and black/white tail as my desktop know...it is sick!

One other question, I know the 51 had some changes in 02.....has any of you guys owned both? I was looking into buying a 2000, but there were a few things I disliked about the bike...It almost felt like "work" to ride... are the post 2001 bikes THAT different to ride..or do they feel very similar...I think the RC is the one of the most beautiful bikes out there today...(except my R6 :) ) I want one, but cant seem to get past a few small issues about the bike I test rode....

·
Registered
109 Posts
the '02 model has the new longer swingarm with some other slight suspension changes that makes the bike handle a bit better. A much better package so I'm told.

All RC's have too much stock trail, which makes an already heavy bike handle even heavier. But all that built in trail is what makes it such a carver !! When leaned over the thing is simply on rails!!!!!!!!!!

You can easily shim the rear shock (raise rear ride height) and make the bike easier to turn, and makes it feel a bit lighter on it's feet. But let's face it, its a 460lb bike, so it's never gonna be as nimble as your R6. But when the corner speeds pick up, the RC is in it's element :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts