Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 01 51 to this guy and tonight he called me said the brakes were dragging. I don't know how he got that?! I rode to his house when I sold it to him and all was fine, that was one week ago. Anyway he calls me tonight, said he was bleeding the brakes (front) and now he can't get any pressure in the lever. I had hime check the lines for kinks, leaks and he says he has put 1/2 a bottle of fluid through it so there should be no air in the lines. Any ideas? I think maybe he messed up the plunger somehow. That is the only thing I can think of. Please help.
thx
Still do not know why he thought he needed to do that in the first place. The bike only has 5k on it and I bled the lines at 4k when I put the HRC pads in and it adjusted fine. I asked if he had read the manual that came with it, the said no so I told him to check in there.
Thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nig said:
Does the guy know how to bleed brakes, supposedly? He doesn't sound too knowledgeable.
When I sold him the bike he said he was replacing his F3 said someone turned left in front of him, also said he had dirtbikes before, so he SHOULD know how if he has had bikes before. especailly dirt bikes I was always fixing something on mine. I hope this sell does not trun into a nightmare.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I wish you the best. I'd go over there and see for myself if the brakes worked fine a week ago.

·
Registered
842 Posts
get the thing filled with fluid
purge with the bleeder fitting
then pump and ziptie the handle in a clamped position overnight. it will definitely be solid the next morning. its,like christmas when you check em the next day!!! if that doesnt work then somethings f00ked... sounds like you sold to a complainer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts