Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...is there a way of not getting it or getting rid of it after you get it?any secret tips or tricks?i figured i'd come to the pro's about this....lol.i think y'all can figure out why i'm asking....right?lol!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
the best thing to do to avoid it would be to make sure the razor blade is spankin new. Next, the best thing in the world to use when shaving your face and even Big Jim and the Twins is Baby Magic.. the best is the Milk Bath with Lavender. It RAWKS! use it everywhere ya shave. to get rid of it, you need to powder your jewels till it goes away, but you should do that any way. keeps the moisture down. Pewww wee to a stinky winky!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had problems getting razor burn on my face sometimes when I shave so I switched to a 2 blade razor instead of the 3 blade I was using before. It helped a lot. You could try that as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As Japbike said - make sure you have a brand new razor. Don't skimp and try to get that last use out of an old one. Make sure your hair is nice and soft before trying to shave it. If you can stand in the hot shower for a bit first, great - if you can soak in a tub, even better. Dry off really well before getting dressed. Moist skin and freshly shaven areas are not your friend. Happy hair removal! :dblthumb

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well...regrettably,i didn't use a new blade for the first round of attack although the 2nd time i did.i did it in the shower under hotish water.....have to admit though.....it's nice and smooth...lol.i guess i just have to deal with it until it goes away.....maybe when it does,a post in the sugar shack might be in order.....posing on the bike....i hear you girls like that......lol!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i use a cheap plastic razor and dont have any problems any more the mack 3 gave me razor burn pretty bad

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Good Prowler--always room for more candidates in the Sugar Shack!! ;)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
also another thing Prowler, DO NOT go against the grain.... worse place to do it...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
If i don't go against the grain I have a 5 O'clock shadow at 11am :twofinger

I always shave downtown before I take a shower...soap it up good, then afterwards put some lotion on the area i shaved down there. Hardly have any problems.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yeah I hate shaving my back.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
EricKC said:
Yeah I hate shaving my back.

oh EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :cry the image! ewwwww :banned haha! j/k

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
japbike said:
oh EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :cry the image! ewwwww :banned haha! j/k
Yeah I dont' want to hear it. You're not the one cleaning the sink.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Go get bumpstopper from Walgreens, does the trick. I use to work in a pharmacy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Also works for ladies, so if you need it around that bikini line......

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you stretch the skin and shave with the hair you shouldn't have a prob. (or a 5:00 shadow) Use a new blade and keep it in Which Hazel (found next to rubbing alcohol ... looks the same) between uses, it keeps the blade shaper and should last longer. Also use a little shampoo, in stead of shaving cream cuz you know you'll always have left over and no conditioner. However if you have it alredy use a klittle witch hazel on a cotton ball and apply very little if that bothers you nothing works like a little baby powder or ever deodarant sounds weird but it works. Hope it helps

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Rascus said:
If i don't go against the grain I have a 5 O'clock shadow at 11am :twofinger

I always shave downtown before I take a shower...soap it up good, then afterwards put some lotion on the area i shaved down there. Hardly have any problems.

Same here...have to go against..I get a cleaner cut...if you will. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Prowler said:
so...is there a way of not getting it or getting rid of it after you get it?any secret tips or tricks?i figured i'd come to the pro's about this....lol.i think y'all can figure out why i'm asking....right?lol!

Speaking as one who hacks and backshaves through the major growth on my face on an (almost) daily basis: I'm *much* more prone to razorburn in the summer. It might sound a little strange, but shave using cold/cool water instead of hot. Seriously - That works for me! Perhaps hot water is just too efficient as dissolving the soap, leaving the skin less protected.

Scott :)

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
My .02 cents. In addition to using a new blade and doing it in the shower with warm/hot water, you just need to keep at it. I was in the same boat as you when I started to shave "down there". I was getting razor rash, bumps, and ingrown hairs. After a while you're body will get used to it and it will be all good. I remember having some of the same problems on my face when I started shaving almost 15 years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts