Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, this is sort of nuts, but im about to fly to washington state, buy a bike, meet up with a good friend of mine sport-touring out there right now, and ride back with him. anyways, a few things

if anyone lives anywhere on or near a route going from washington to wyoming, to colorado, then back across to virginia and can help me with anything im looking for, let me know

r6 tail fairing
r6 headlight or just the headlight lens for the right bulb

looking for saddle bags or other riding luggage
first, looking for motorcycle boots, size 10 or 10.5

and also, this is kind of random, but ill be looking places to campout, so if you know of any good and relatively cheap places to camp, let me know, even if its your backyard.

last, any roads you recomend, or places you recomend seeing, let me know. ill be leaving washington state either late saturday night or early sunday morning.

[email protected]

paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Cheap places to camp=anywhere you can pinch a tent and hid the bike in my experience. I'm so jealous, I'm trapped on this 30 by 40 mile island. No new roads no real room to stretch out.

My uncle and I rode from Chicago to Seattle and back to Tuscaloosa Alabama for my 16th birthday. Me on a ZX-9 and him on a 916. That was pretty grueling but a really great trip. LOTS of looking for the most convoluted rodes throught the mountains and just carving it up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trip

nice, nice. its starting to hit me of how real this is becoming, im in colorado at the airport and about to fly to washington... anyways, yeah, it'll be fun, but a bit grueling. i may try and qualify for an ironbutt award, just have to check on all the documenting rules and all

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Can't help you out with what your looking for, but that sounds like a blast. My mother's uncle comes all the way to MA from Las Vegas every year. He keeps telling my father and me to ride back with him. Some day, I'll do it, even if he does make fun of me for riding a "crotch rocket".

·
Registered
646 Posts
First of all...Goodluck out there man. Sounds like a lot of fun and Im impressed by your grit! I cant help you with anything involving or having to do with ur trip. But please take lots of pics and post them back here. Be safe out there!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got back... from saturday night, at 9:00PM, until thursday night, at like midnight, i drove about 3700 miles from washington to nebraska, then back to colorado, then back to va, all on a busted up r6. ha, it was nuts. anyways, ill post pics up when i get them uploaded.

its weird to not being wearing my riding boots

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
OOH how fun!!! make sure you do post the pics soon, I wanna see um! I can't wait to get my rear end out there are do the cross country thing... :D one of these days!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts