Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this is the gear I am looking at as of right now. There is no doubt in my mind that I am getting the AGV, so no trying to persuade me outa that one! ;) But for the rest I'd love to hear input and suggestions, your opinions matter it could save my hide! :eek: :eek: :eek: :)

Chris

Gear: Agv Xr2
Teknic Chicane Leather Jacket
Alpinestars SP1 Gloves
Alpinestars GPS-3 Boots

Lets hear those opinions!

Attachments

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Looks good.

I like that helmet.

I have all black stuff right now too. It goes with anything. So when I get a different bike, I don't need to worry about getting different gear.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly my reasoning for getting all black as well, I mean it will be a little hotter but it will pay off when you don't have to go buy matching gear for everybike you own. Yea the AGV is my top choice for helmet, I mean c'mon Rossi rides in one!

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I was gonna get a flat black AGV helmet, but then I found a killer deal on my KBC TK-7 instead.

I couldn't beat the TK-7 for only $60 bucks shipped.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dayummmm thats a great deal!!!! That thing is going to cost over 300 I think, hopefully I'll get it for early Christmas or something...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rate anyone?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
You know Rossi is paid a lot of money to wear that helmet, right? It all seems like pretty good safety gear to me, regardless.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh of course Rossi gets paid to wear anything! He does have a preference to say no to what he wears though :pT

·
Registered
360 Posts
"Value per dollar", excellent gear. You said not to try to talk you out of the AGV, not my first choice, but dig everything else.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Here is what I am looking at for my new gear.... I really like the Astar Jacket, not sure about the helmet. Black gloves will be just fine. Any comments of sugestions would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well I don't really care for black but thats just me, I have a yellow Icon Neo-Daytona Hero jacket, and yellow, black, and silver Scorpion helmet so hopefully grandma will see me and think "What the hell is that coming down the road?" Instead of just pulling right on out in front of me so I don't feel like :ar grandma if I'm still alive afterwards. Just be careful if riding at night with black or you'll blend in just a little too much.

·
Registered
442 Posts
only bad thing about black is visibility. In the end don't you wan't to be sure cars and idiots on cell phones can easily see u?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nothing wrong w/the choice of gear only thing is that the black will be hotter than other colors but you don't live in TX like me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I always wear yellow/black with silver hilights. Yellow and black are the most visible colours to the human eye. Blacl is cool/tough looking, but trying wearing it at a track day in August at BHF, with the humidty around 100%. I always go for gear, that's high quality for the $$$. You can find deals on everything if your not a label victim. This season, I got new Teknics leather jacket, new Honda Wing leather pants, HJC Yikes AC-11 helmet, Oxtar boots and Teknics gloves, shipped to me for just over 600.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts