1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
The "journalist" Bob Lonsberry's comment on Rochester City Mayor (and African American,) Bill Johnson:

"Orangutan escapes from zoo, runs for county executive
TruthOrFiction.com on this webstory:

Despite the cynical claim of the eRumor that it was not in the media, it was reported nationally by the Associated Press and by local media, including television, in Lt. Chontosh's home territory of upstate New York.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for ruining my feel good moment....

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Sorry. But this guy was fired for being a racist. Now he's using this poor man's death to advance his anti-press propoganda. He is the most despicable sort of self-serving propogandist. The lowest worm in the dirt.

But don't dispair too much. The story he's using for his devious ends is basically true. Chontosh was a hero, as you might have read or heard on the news.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't which is why I was happy to read it on the internet....

As far as being a racist...well I have said that some of the people I work with are lower than monkeys, but I suppose that because they are caucasion it's not a "racist" statement. Not trying to stir up a debate, but it is food for thought. Personally I could give a shit about a person's race...if they are an incredible person, color doesn't change that. If they are a POS, color rarely plays a role in that either...I don't care what ethnicity the mayor is...can he do the job or not? Does he make good decisions or not? Does he please enough people to get re-elected or not? Does he act like an escaped orangutan or not (Bill Clinton behaved like a wild dog...chasing around the females in "heat")? What does being african-american have to do with any of it? Nothing, my point exactly.

I am done with this because it was not the point of this thread...the point is that our media chooses what to cover and they choose to not show american initiatives in a positive light. Thanks again Jim for trying to take it down a different path.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Tammy,

You said it doesn't matter if somebodies a POS or not. Jim was pointing out that this "journalist" is really a POS and not much of a journalist. He's more a jackass using a positive story to advance his own agenda. Considering the things on his agenda include racism and the support of destroying holy cities in the name of "freedom," I'd say he's a POS and the source of the story you posted should be considered. Nothing wrong with the info itself, but Bob Lonsberry is a prick.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Good read! Not sure about the author in question, but it was put together well. Our troops are doing a hell of a job over there even if the validity of the mission itself is at question.

Unforutnately stories like this aren't told and primarly for two reasons, I'll give you the second reason: IT DOESN'T SELL THEIR PRODUCT. They need gloom and doom to sell. Blood, violence and sex will sell it. Christ, if you are having a tough time peddling ice cubes, put a theatrical picture of a Die Hard on the front of the package and you'll have a new problem; filling all those orders!

Navy Cross or no Navy Cross, would somebody please tell him that I need my bike back though? :lol

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
sexyicecold said:
I'd say he's a POS and the source of the story you posted should be considered. Nothing wrong with the info itself, but Bob Lonsberry is a prick.
Why are we giving all this attention to a described racist? Why can't we appreciate this story for what it's worth?

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mikem317 said:
Why are we giving all this attention to a described racist? Why can't we appreciate this story for what it's worth?
+1000000000000000000000000000000000
Thank you very much!

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
mikem317 said:
it is more important, to some people, who the speaker is. not what that person is saying.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sometimes that can be a very sad thing.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
His aim wasn't to glorify the soldier, it was to villify the press. Its an old debating trick. Worked on some of you.

These kind of press-doesn't-cover-the-good-stuff stories are always suspect. There are three reasons why:
1. The war in Iraq is being prosecuted so poorly that there aren't very many good, big stories.
2. The press can't leave the Green Zone so they have no opportunity to cover positive human-interest stories about the good works of individual soldiers.
3. When you invade and destroy another country, there aren't going to be a bunch of flowery, positive stories. We went there and killed a lot of people and destroyed thier civilization. Its hard to make lemonade out of that, no matter how much you want to.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Jim you are such a hate monger I cant even believe it.

I personaly feel that even if he was trying to direct negative attention to the press, its his right to do so.

There is absolutely not any fair and unbiased reporting going on these days and we all know that the news is sold on somber sensationalism.

Why take her post and tear it up? Why not just copy it and take it to your political hole here? I am sure you can find people to debate in that section instead of fishing for it everywhere else on here.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
jim schmidt said:
His aim wasn't to glorify the soldier, it was to villify the press. Its an old debating trick. Worked on some of you.
Regardless of the author's aim, it was a noteable story even if you elminate the part where he takes issue with the television press.

The press can't leave the Green Zone so they have no opportunity to cover positive human-interest stories about the good works of individual soldiers.
Aren't their press units attached to forward units? I remember major news outlets like Time, NY Times, Reuters, etc. had press personnel attached to divisions that were close or on the line. Maybe I'm wrong though.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
malik ross said:
it is more important, to some people, who the speaker is. not what that person is saying.
Is that really a bad thing?

For example, would you go to a Klan rally in case they had something good to say? Considering the source goes hand-in-hand with the information you are provided. When you consider the source, you're taking into consideration the motive behind the communication, whether it be a news story, a speech, or a personal conversation. People who don't consider the source are only getting part of the story and very likely not fully informed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts