Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy is trying to sell me a bike and he tells me its some rare fzr... i can't find anything about there being a rare fzr but i wanna check up on this before i shell out $$

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
any pics? yamaha made a vance and hines edition, but I think the only difference on the bike was the paint scheme.

·
Registered
175 Posts
FZR400s are a bit rare on their own part.

·
Registered
369 Posts
As far as I know, the only limited edition was the V&H bike, as mentioned earlier, The only differences were the painted fairings. Without those in mint condition, its worth no more than any other bike really.

·
Registered
12 Posts
anything imported from japan is rare also, they continued making the fzr 400 until 1998 i believe, also they had a fzr 250, we didn't... oh and the fzr 750 is pretty rare (but it's just a debored 1000 from what i've heard)
hope this helps

·
Registered
452 Posts
ChloroFiend said:
As far as I know, the only limited edition was the V&H bike, as mentioned earlier, The only differences were the painted fairings. Without those in mint condition, its worth no more than any other bike really.
The V&H FZR600 was only made in '92. It had the single-headlight and yellow/reddish-pink/black colors. It might have also come with a V&H Supersport (full) exhaust, but I'm not positive about that one.

Here's a link to a picture of one...

http://www.fzrarchives.com/images/color_schemes/v-h.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
a buddy is trying to sell me a bike and he tells me its some rare fzr... i can't find anything about there being a rare fzr but i wanna check up on this before i shell out $$
There are 2 FZR's that are considered rare that I am aware of. The first and most rare is the FZR-R OW01 750 Race bike....they even made an RC Toy after it (I know because I have one...the RC bike not the real thing :)

Then in '92 They made the Limited Edition Vance & Hines FZR600 that people have been mentioning....however, the plastics are NOT the only thing that is custom on the bike. The bike has Vance & Hines performance package on it that includes exhaust, jet kit, power pack ignitor and probably other things that aren't coming to me off the top of my head...

BE CAREFUL of these sleezy used car dealerships....Ive recently seen a Grey/silver painted FZR600 that they are trying to sell as "limited edition" and its nothing more than some scumbags paintjob and shoddy stickers on it trying to make it look like something special that it isnt! You will note if you come accross it that it has a small sticker on it that says "replica"....with our without the sticker, there is no other limited edition FZR600 (that I am aware of) besides the Vance&Hines bike that has a mauve and yellow color scheme and the MOST EXCELLENT OW01 FZR750 that was soooo ~A~W~E~S~O~M~E they commemorated it with a Toy! :)

Hope that helps.

-Paul

·
Registered
452 Posts
There are 2 FZR's that are considered rare that I am aware of. The first and most rare is the FZR-R OW01 750 Race bike....they even made an RC Toy after it (I know because I have one...the RC bike not the real thing :)

Then in '92 They made the Limited Edition Vance & Hines FZR600 that people have been mentioning....however, the plastics are NOT the only thing that is custom on the bike. The bike has Vance & Hines performance package on it that includes exhaust, jet kit, power pack ignitor and probably other things that aren't coming to me off the top of my head...

BE CAREFUL of these sleezy used car dealerships....Ive recently seen a Grey/silver painted FZR600 that they are trying to sell as "limited edition" and its nothing more than some scumbags paintjob and shoddy stickers on it trying to make it look like something special that it isnt! You will note if you come accross it that it has a small sticker on it that says "replica"....with our without the sticker, there is no other limited edition FZR600 (that I am aware of) besides the Vance&Hines bike that has a mauve and yellow color scheme and the MOST EXCELLENT OW01 FZR750 that was soooo ~A~W~E~S~O~M~E they commemorated it with a Toy! :)

Hope that helps.

-Paul
To add to Paul's comment, if it is the V&H edition, it's not worth a huge premium over a regular FZR.

·
Registered
452 Posts

Hope that helps.

-Paul
BTW Paul, this guy's post was from almost 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure he isn't looking at that bike anymore. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lol, yea, but what the hell....it's something to talk about and may help somebody else who has/had the same questions :)

As far as the premium for the V&H edition.....I would only add that it COULD be worth a huge premium to the right person.....If one was a collector of FZR's and the bike was in GOOD or BETTER condition, Im certain someone would pay quite a premium for it. I collect these and I have a '92 but it's not all original....If I found a complete and in good or better condition V&H edition I would most certainly be willing to pay what some might consider a "huge" premium for it. Of course "huge" is a relative term....I'm talking up to $1000 and maybe more over the going market price.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Lol, yea, but what the hell....it's something to talk about and may help somebody else who has/had the same questions :)

As far as the premium for the V&H edition.....I would only add that it COULD be worth a huge premium to the right person.....If one was a collector of FZR's and the bike was in GOOD or BETTER condition, Im certain someone would pay quite a premium for it. I collect these and I have a '92 but it's not all original....If I found a complete and in good or better condition V&H edition I would most certainly be willing to pay what some might consider a "huge" premium for it. Of course "huge" is a relative term....I'm talking up to $1000 and maybe more over the going market price.
Good point. The '92 V&H FZR600 has a blue book value of about $1675, so if you found one in pristine condition, adding another grand would be reasonable. I've seen a few very good ones for sale from time-to-time... usually the asking price is around $3000.

This dealer has been selling this one for a while... not sure what they're asking for it. It's located in southern MN.

1992 Yamaha FZR 600 VANCE AND HINES WORTHINGTON SPORTS CENTER INC WORTHINGTON, MN (507) 372-2291

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey thanks....It looks nice, but it's tough to tell by pics unless they are very close-up and high res detailed! I might have to give them a call and see what they want for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts