Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how you'd rank the Japanese manufacturers in terms of the exterior fit and finish looks of their bikes. I'm talking about the EXTERIOR LOOK of the bikes, NOT the build quality of the engines or anything like that.
I'd say

1. Yamaha - best
2. Honda
3. Kawasaki
4. Suzuki - poorest

·
Registered
912 Posts
SUzuki
Honda
Yamaha
Kaw

·
Registered
522 Posts
As far as exterior looks:
1)Honda
2)Kawasaki
3)Suzuki
4)Yamaha (hate the new R1 looks)

As far as actual quality of the bike
1)Honda
2)Yamaha
3)Suzuki
4)Kawasaki

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I think most people are gonna say Yamaha, because they really have done well with the new breed of bikes (R1, R6, etc). I say for LOOKS ONLY:

1) Yamaha
2) Honda
3) Kawasaki
4) Suzuki

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
1 yamaha
2 Suzuki
3 Kawasaki
4 Honda
Why because it has to be that way :flipa

·
Registered
359 Posts
Honda
Kawasaki
Yamaha and Suzuki(tie)

I ride a Suzuki RF900 and the build quality is so-so; my brother has a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and the build quality of his bike is similar to mine. I have a best friend in Lucas, OH with a Kaw ZRX1100 and his bike's build quality is okay. I like the fit and finish of most Hondas and I also like the feel of the Honda switchgear....(I used to own a 1985 Honda Nighthawk S)

Frank

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
For looks only...

1. Yamaha
2. Suzuki
3. Honda
4. Kawasaki

·
Registered
926 Posts
i think they all make good looking bikes.

600cc
suzuki/honda (tie)
kawa
yamaha (looks like a fuckin mercury cougar)

1000cc
kawa
honda/suzuki/kawa (tie)

in terms of build quality...they all make very nice bikes. those who try to say one is better than the other are just biased.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
1. Honda
2. Yamaha
3. Suzuki
4. Kawasaki

·
Registered
569 Posts
TJT said:
I'm wondering how you'd rank the Japanese manufacturers in terms of the exterior fit and finish looks of their bikes. I'm talking about the EXTERIOR LOOK of the bikes, NOT the build quality of the engines or anything like that.
I'd say

1. Yamaha - best
2. Honda
3. Kawasaki
4. Suzuki - poorest
You ever try to take the fairing off of an R6 or an R1? It's like brain surgery... shittiest design ever.

1. Honda
2. Yamaha
4. Kawasaki
4. Suzuki

All Hondas I've ever worked on were at least intuitive in their design... not impossible to figure out how to disassemble and reassemble without a lot of frustration or a service manual.

·
Registered
584 Posts
1. Yamaha (for R1 design)
2. Honda (some slick looking bikes)
3. Suzuki (look good, but build quality doesn't impress me much)
4. Kawasaki (for not having full farings on a 500)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yamaha for great high-tech looks like on the R1
Honda very close to Yamaha - awesome CBR-RR & RC51
Kawasaki just for the 10R
Suzuki altho the SV1000S with full fairings looks great....now just if they jump on the undertail exhaust bandwagon they may move up a notch

·
Registered
521 Posts
It changes by the years. Back in my day Kawasaki and suzuki made some beautiful bikes and now it seems Yamaha and Honda have caught up over the years. I think Kawasaki in the past two years has FINALLY come back up so when I first started riding 15 years ago I would say:

1. Suzuki
2. Kawasaki
3. Honda
4. Yamaha

Now I would say

1. Yamaha
2. Kawasaki/Honda they both are so good they deserve to be ranked together
3. Suzuki

·
King of Found the Ground
146 Posts
Alot of people think suzuki comes in last?? I love the my new 04 600, i think its the sweetest looking 600 out there.

·
Registered
926 Posts
doa8 said:
Alot of people think suzuki comes in last?? I love the my new 04 600, i think its the sweetest looking 600 out there.
thats what im thinking too....just goes to show how many people out there have good taste :flipa

1 - 20 of 29 Posts