Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 725 Posts

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sure this would already be posted on here but I looked through the first two pages and didn't see anything. Anchor if already posted.

A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride. After running over multiple people at the :50 second mark, he takes off only to run over another person at the 5:00 minute mark. Apparently a rider died due to this drivers complete lack of sensibility and forethought.

There is no excuse for this driver using his vehicle as a deadly weapon. It's a very sad day for the motorcycling community.

·
Registered
178 Posts
At first I thought perhaps the driver felt threatened being surrounded by that many bikers with apparent disregard for the law. After the second time he's stopped without bolting until the attempted retaliatory attack I changed my mind. Idiots abound.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
The guy at the 5:00 mark was justified as someone was trying to rip open a door and the driver had to get out of there. The first ones, I don't think so.

Granted, the riders are all a bunch of twatwaffles, but still. You don't run people over for that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Every last one of those squids needs to be shot. Driver of the suv had his wife and kid in the car and understandably felt threatened.

I would have either done the same thing or started shooting.
I didn't realize someone could feel so callous towards people who don't wear gear. It's their safety, not yours. Anyways. That is horrifying. I can't even think about it. Guy taunted a lady in her car in my town and she ran him over. Acquitted of all charges. Horrible

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Something started this before the video starts. Why was the jackass in the beginning brake checking a 5000lb vehicle? I'm sure the SUV somehow "disrespected" these group of jackasses and they were going to get their point across. These dipshits really did sportbike riders a great service. Any surprise we are gaining on loud pipe Hardley Abelson's with people who hate motorcycles?

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Sportbiker brake checks SUV and is tagged (didn't go down). SUV pulls over and lynch mob starts damaging vehicle. SUV driver, with wife and young kid, takes off (doing damage in the process). When they finally get him stopped they surround his vehicle, break his window, cut his face, try to brake his kid's window, etc.

Yeah, it's 100% understandable that he'd be afraid for his life, and the dipsh*ts going to town on his windows trying to attack him and his family are lucky he didn't have a firearm. Even if the tr***** is something he did, their response was so incredibly out of proportion that it's ridiculous.

The answer to "guy cut me off" (or whatever) is not "we'll lynch him, his wife, and his kid."

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
The guy at the 5:00 mark was justified as someone was trying to rip open a door and the driver had to get out of there. The first ones, I don't think so.

Granted, the riders are all a bunch of twatwaffles, but still. You don't run people over for that.
If my choices are "die" or "run over some of the angry mob trying to attack me and my family" I'm going to choose the latter.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
The OP is incorrect, as well. No rider has died. However, NYC has banned this ride for future years according to a couple of articles I've read.

Reactions: nismos14

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I didn't realize someone could feel so callous towards people who don't wear gear. It's their safety, not yours. Anyways. That is horrifying. I can't even think about it. Guy taunted a lady in her car in my town and she ran him over. Acquitted of all charges. Horrible

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Who said anything about gear? They're squids, plain and simple. Did you see how slow they were going on the off ramp? lol...

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sportbiker brake checks SUV and is tagged (didn't go down).
Yep, assuming there is nothing that happened prior to the video starting. I don't get why you would brake check an SUV like that. Because he was taking up the middle lane? So stupid and it started that whole chain of events.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can't say I would have done anything differently if I were the SUV driver in that situation. Except maybe make a B-LINE for the nearest police barracks.

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
There is no excuse for this driver using his vehicle as a deadly weapon.
Wrong. the driver had every excuse to use his vehicle as a weapon. His life along with his family was being threatened by a bunch of unlawful fucktards with a mob mentality. And when your life is threatened, you use whatever you can to defend yourself. And he did just that.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I sure would like to know what initially took place for things to escalate like that, holy shit. I wouldn't have stuck around for that kind of trouble anyways, had I been a biker in that group. Get the plate number, maybe a look at the driver, and call the cops.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
If my choices are "die" or "run over some of the angry mob trying to attack me and my family" I'm going to choose the latter.
Correct. From the video alone, I couldn't see why they brake checked the SUV. I was giving the motorcyclists the benefit of the doubt. But, if the story is as you said, then the SUV driver had every right to get the hell out of dodge.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
The police are having a hard time identifying a bunch of the riders because they didn't have license plates mounted.

So I'm going to go with "went on a ride intending to break some laws".

1 - 20 of 725 Posts