Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about Quiting Full Time Work and going back to school Full Time. Even thinking about ROTC. If I do ROTC Ill go back to Embry Riddle Otherwise I dont know where Ill want to go, but I want a Non-Engineering Technical Degree. I really dont want to start all over with Calculas.

Any Thoughts or Ideas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Screw Riddle, unless you got a buttload of cash or the government is paying... Been there done that... Although I did love living in Daytona...

Doh, I got to learn to read more before I type. I see you will go to Riddle if you do ROTC... That makes much more sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,480 Posts
Work pays the bills and for the toys!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how bad it sucks, just remember that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tusk said:
What happened to your plan to be a mad scientist?
Thats Still in Effect

and OT The Guard pays all my tuition up to like 5k per fiscal year. Plus I will get about 12-1300 per month from my GI Bill (eventually sometimes it can take over a year to turn on which kinda defeats the purpose) And than Stay on part time at my current job if they are willing to do that which they may. I need to talk to them.


I need to talk my last three inet classes from riddle though cause I am only 3 classes away from a second associates but its 500 a pop for em and they are prvt so no TA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Student loans...if you stay in school you will not have to repay until you get out...what is your ultimate goal regarding school? Do you plan on getting a bachelors degree in something? If you have any certs you can get a technical customer service job at night or some other shift to pay for school and do that part time...most places are pretty flexible when it comes to that.
 

·
wuka man
Joined
·
849 Posts
Juggs: think about how you want to live your life later on and what you have to do now to prepare for it. Or say F it and wait til your about 30 to worry bout life.

But my honest opinion on this type of stuff: enjoy life now and try not to have too much to worry about. Go places, do things, meet people.

Note: I am not high, drunk, or have been drinking :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beafer said:
Juggs: think about how you want to live your life later on and what you have to do now to prepare for it. Or say F it and wait til your about 30 to worry bout life.

But my honest opinion on this type of stuff: enjoy life now and try not to have too much to worry about. Go places, do things, meet people.

Note: I am not high, drunk, or have been drinking :D
My goal is to be able to settle down and Do wtf ever I want when Im 30
Which gives me 5 years I turn 25 in August Scary.
I am just topped out pay wise in my current career field and I look at things like what I make right now is what a 2nd lt starts at without miamis High cost living, as well as I may be able to bump up my pay by 15-20k if I got my degree. I am only 3 semsters of Bullshit Business classes away from a Business degree but I want to stay technical. That and being in school is making me realixzze how much I miss school. Problem is Beaf that on my current pay rate I cant afford to do the things I want to do to enjoy life. I am a high maintenance MFer. I see you all in fairly professional career fields making more than I (I think, but if not most of you are duel income) and I want to be where you guys are at when I get there. But to stay at my current job making a $1 raise per year for the next 20 years plodding through and bored doesn't sound apealing to me. I plan to move to some Tiny town and buy the place up eventually. That and I am still running for president in 2016 as far as I know right now. :) Anyways I am just depressed on my current career and starting to wish I hadn't gotten out of the miltary, I am having fun even though over half the people here a douchebags and I have to shave and wear the same clothes every day. There is just something about it.
 

·
wuka man
Joined
·
849 Posts
you are not the only one thinking career change and that hate school :dblthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NO NO I LIKE SCHOOL i LOVE SCHOOL but the only job that will pay for it and pay me while im there is the Military
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,480 Posts
Juggalo said:
My goal is to be able to settle down and Do wtf ever I want when Im 30
Which gives me 5 years I turn 25 in August Scary.
I am just topped out pay wise in my current career field and I look at things like what I make right now is what a 2nd lt starts at without miamis High cost living, as well as I may be able to bump up my pay by 15-20k if I got my degree. I am only 3 semsters of Bullshit Business classes away from a Business degree but I want to stay technical. That and being in school is making me realixzze how much I miss school. Problem is Beaf that on my current pay rate I cant afford to do the things I want to do to enjoy life. I am a high maintenance MFer. I see you all in fairly professional career fields making more than I (I think, but if not most of you are duel income) and I want to be where you guys are at when I get there. But to stay at my current job making a $1 raise per year for the next 20 years plodding through and bored doesn't sound apealing to me. I plan to move to some Tiny town and buy the place up eventually. That and I am still running for president in 2016 as far as I know right now. :) Anyways I am just depressed on my current career and starting to wish I hadn't gotten out of the miltary, I am having fun even though over half the people here a douchebags and I have to shave and wear the same clothes every day. There is just something about it.
Join active duty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Ducatista
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Nothing is going to get him where he wants to be by the time he's 30. He should have started thinking about that 10 years ago. Even with a degree, there is no guarantee that he will make the dollars that he wants. I see guys with degrees all the time at work making 30 to 40K a year. It takes time in a company to make the serious dollars, don't start buying into the hype of the big pay check after school. Time, hard work and dedication at your job is what brings you the big bucks and the promotions.
 

·
wuka man
Joined
·
849 Posts
or stroke of luck. or sucking off the right person (so i heard) :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Snowman said:
Nothing is going to get him where he wants to be by the time he's 30. He should have started thinking about that 10 years ago. Even with a degree, there is no guarantee that he will make the dollars that he wants. I see guys with degrees all the time at work making 30 to 40K a year. It takes time in a company to make the serious dollars, don't start buying into the hype of the big pay check after school. Time, hard work and dedication at your job is what brings you the big bucks and the promotions.

Thats the problem with my current Career snow, The highest promotion I can get is to be a branch manager and there is about 50 people ahead of me for those 4 slots. Branch managers in my company and pretty much throughout my career field are expendable and they only make about 10k more and they are straight salary.

Im just frustrated I guess I dunno I feel in a rut.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top