Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this happening more frequently lately...

I'm riding down the road behind this Explorer and the light we're coming up to is turning red. Me and the explorer get over into the left land because theres no one at the light in this lane.

No biggie. I'm at least 25 yards behind this guy and slowing down.

I'm on the left side of the lane and can see the guy in him mirror, he's hanging his arm out the window. Then just as I come to a stop, he gives me the thumbs up. Cool, I give it a quick rev.

...Then, did this guy just give me the bird? Nahh. I must just be seeing things. Then he does it again. And he's laughing and smiling. I throw my hand up in a "wtf" gesture.

After we start going, I pull up next to this guy and he's shooting me the bird, hard. All the while, laughing his head off. I just shook my head and rod away.

Most notable before this, I had some guy next to me at a stop light called me a ****** and flipped me off.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
I had one guy once, many many years ago start laughing at me and acting like a monkey out the open window. No fooling', no idea why. I backed up and acted like I was keying the car and the guy stopped.

Surprised anyone would mess with bikers. We mostly have a ferocious reputation.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Well its definitely the intoxicant, experience, envy or something that tr****** peoples stupid asses to act up.

I have been riding for over 20 years and people just do stupid shit to motorcyclist based on the above. I remember riding down a neighborhood street when I saw a guy walking all drunk drinking a beer. I kept my eye on him and sure as shit he threw the beer at me-but MISSED. Now it does NOT take a genius...but you don't need to stop (especially since he missed you) because 1. you will be the aggressor 2. He might have something more than beer balls 3. chalk it up as experience and call the police if needed. move on.

No cage involved here...just a pedestrian!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been riding longer than you and stuff like this never happens to me. So when I read stories like this I have to wonder about the storyteller.
That maybe true. I only straddled my first bike 11 years ago.

I see what you're doing here...and I can assure you I was doing nothing that would have instigated any ill intent, from any motorist. When I ride, I will go out of my way to not pick a fight with a 4200lb opponent.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its definitely the intoxicant, experience, envy or something that tr****** peoples stupid asses to act up.

I have been riding for over 20 years and people just do stupid shit to motorcyclist based on the above. I remember riding down a neighborhood street when I saw a guy walking all drunk drinking a beer. I kept my eye on him and sure as shit he threw the beer at me-but MISSED. Now it does NOT take a genius...but you don't need to stop (especially since he missed you) because 1. you will be the aggressor 2. He might have something more than beer balls 3. chalk it up as experience and call the police if needed. move on.

No cage involved here...just a pedestrian!

Exactly. My personality type is passive. I let so much shit go, and when I don't I feel like an asshole later on. I'm also an NRA instructor, I tech people when and where they can use force and then they should get the hell out of there. So it would only make sense for me to take my own advice. The guy that called me a ****** in traffic was as close to getting me mad as I've ever been. But 200 yards later I forgot what car he was in. I have the ability to get away, and I employ that, rather than my glock or monkey fist.

See, the problem with the older generation on this forum is none of you played Road Rash, so you don't understand combat from a motorcycle. Watch and learn, children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdhrDE5L7ds
LOVED that game. Mostly just because it was motorcycle racing lol.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Exactly. My personality type is passive. I let so much shit go, and when I don't I feel like an asshole later on. I'm also an NRA instructor, I tech people when and where they can use force and then they should get the hell out of there. So it would only make sense for me to take my own advice. The guy that called me a ****** in traffic was as close to getting me mad as I've ever been. But 200 yards later I forgot what car he was in. I have the ability to get away, and I employ that, rather than my glock or monkey fist.

Then it can only be that Pink power ranger riding gear you're wearing.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Last year, right after all the shit went down with the crazy gang in NJ or NY or where ever it was, I had a guy in an SUV (so it seemed to me) try to provoke me into doing something.. what, I don't know, but I watched him come flying through traffic to catch up with me. When he caught up to me, he stopped at a light in the lane next to and a little behind me, and he started bouncing his suv (brake/gas) to try to get my attention. I could see him gesturing inside his vehicle. I took a right and split, and never saw him again. Can't be sure, since nothing else happened, but I assumed he had been watching too much news coverage of the gang attack and wanted to stir up some shit of his own.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
It has been a while but I had a buddy passing a SUV one day on the left side and the SUV seriously pulled hard left and almost put him into the devider fliping him off the whole time. It was obvious this was on purpose but there was really no reason for it. My buddy was speeding and passing on a very large b***** than one lane shoulder but I dont see that as a reason to try and run someone off the road.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts

Too many people are fucking stupid. Even here...Words affect people..its pretty funny. We completely left the "sticks and stones will break my bones but words will not hurt me" to "Oh my feelings are so hurt" And get this..an "Apology" fixes it. So pathetic these days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts