Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going down one of my local roads, i came across a Porsche Boxster at a three way stop. he was heading my way and started off in front of me. i kinda rev'd at him to tell him to let me go first, but he probably scoffed at the idea of a motorcycle being able to keep up with his car in the twisties. (who know what he was really thinking).

i know this road very well.

he started running and i stuck right behind him railing a few turns. he ended up runnning so hard that he started to go over the centerline when entering corners and finally pulled over to let me pass.

i know i probably shouldn't have done that, but whatever. it happens a lot when i come up behind people and they try and speed up and take corners faster so i don't pass them. i don't know why more people don't just pull over a little and let me pass. this instance was different being that he probably wanted to drive hard, and most people i come up on...well, i don't think they really want to do so. i imagine this guy did it just to see if he could pull on me, and it was kinda cool. i hope he was as cool with it, i was probably pissing him off in reality.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good job! Porsche are another brand of car i cant stand, they've gone all feminine, only people you find drving them are gender confused females and male hairdressers, with the stupid sleeveless tops on. :spank

Except the new £300G one, its nice, still rather take a Ford GT first, they took the new GT round the Top Gear track and it was like 2secs short of those 300G cars, and its a third of the price. I want one :leghump

Either that or an old school 911.

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
(70's-80's) 911 Twin Turbo = very, very nice.
:ar Boxter

·
Registered
56 Posts
JESTER600 said:
a Boxster is a womans porsche. i wouldnt be afraid to chase one down in my jetta.

Please :alky

I've driven a Boxster, and it was OK. My wife has an '03 1.8 turbo Jetta 5 speed, and while it's ... "zippy", it won't touch a Boxster. Even if you've beefed the motor up, it won't handle near as well. No matter what you do it's still a friggin' 4 door mommy-mobile dude, lose the race car delusions.
Now my '97 Jetta 2.0, that's the shit. 115 horsepower of fury :twofinger:

·
Registered
348 Posts
My 6 speed Accord will handle that Boxster- I ran a 14.46 in the quarter STOCK. Then we'll get to the twisties and I'll cry:(

·
Registered
886 Posts
That happened with me and a corvette the other week, only I'm pretty sure he wasn't in a competitive mood. I felt like an asshole the rest of the trip :headbang

·
Registered
558 Posts
same thing happened with me and a viper a few weeks ago, on a road I knew very well. fuckin yuppy had his girl in his car and was trying to show off, I came up on him and as soon as he saw me he just nailed it, so i nailed it, dude couldn't drive for shit I ended up passing him and then he ended up passing me once I had my fill, he was driving too close to my ass it got me nervous. I know stupid.. but fun none the less.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a run at a Porsche 911 once. The rear passenger side wheel came off the ground around a right hand turn. We were pushing it. He stayed ahead of me the whole time though. I blame the gear I was in, but he beat me fair and sqaure. Very fun run though.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
DazzaP said:
Good job! Porsche are another brand of car i cant stand, they've gone all feminine, only people you find drving them are gender confused females and male hairdressers, with the stupid sleeveless tops on. :spank

Except the new £300G one, its nice, still rather take a Ford GT first, they took the new GT round the Top Gear track and it was like 2secs short of those 300G cars, and its a third of the price. I want one :leghump

Either that or an old school 911.
I like your sig! :D

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Captal said:
My 6 speed Accord will handle that Boxster- I ran a 14.46 in the quarter STOCK. Then we'll get to the twisties and I'll cry:(
Unless you ran on slicks, and have superior 1/4 mile skills to professional testers, you didn't runn a 14.46 in a stock 6 speed Accord. Looked at Car and Driver, Motor Trend, SCC, and a couple other websites, best time listed was a 15.36. So yeah, as much as I hate the Boxster, you have too much confidence in your Accord, it's a nice car, but it's not gonna beat a Porsche Boxter (even non "S") in a drag race or AutoX.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i love it... a chevy ss (truck) did the same when i pulled behind him i could smell the gas burning when he punched it.. & he was gone, i didnt race cuz of the obvious but some people get offended.. fuck'em

·
Registered
60 Posts
JESTER600 said:
somehow a car that goes for around $50k im guessing and only throws down 200hp at the crank doesnt impress me.

Some would argue that there is more to vehicles than horsepower. But I tend to agree with you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
jasonf said:
Some would argue that there is more to vehicles than horsepower. But I tend to agree with you.
yeah i believe this too i was just making a point. handling good, engine (for what it is) good, styling...eh. overpriced, yes!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Driving a Boxster is like riding a small displacement sportbike, it rails around corners. No, its not a big engine, high horsepower monster...but it is fun. Quite frankly, I like the looks better than the post '98 911's. Keep the revs up, and it is a blast. Oh, all you "haters" go back to your spec sheets. Girlie car? Don't let my wife hear you say that...she'll tear you a new one...and embarrass you in her "girlie car"!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts