Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are addicted to this stuff, and ya can't beat the price of em :dblthumb

·
Banned
519 Posts
omg, my FAV!!!

I just bought a crapload of em today. Can't beat $.10!!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Ok I ate that stuff when I was in college and 20 years old... I eat filet mignon now baby!!! :twofinger

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I ate those things like crazy when I was in the military, alot better then Navy chow. Haven't touched them since

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not only am I in the military, but I'm in korea, so I eat that shit all the damn time. Over here you can't read the instructions and they put a lot of other stuff in them.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I use to be but I have not eaten them in years.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
we used to eat those all the time back in the day..thats what we could afford... when you ran outta those.. you damn well better make sure you go to tha store!! (cuz you dont have no more food) lol

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Having spent the first six years of my life in Misawa, Japan, I find myself still addicted to oriental foods.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Nothing better than a hot bowl of ramen noodles when you are broker than shit and can't afford anything else. I love the shit. It's a life saver.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to Ga. Southern. In the campus store "The pickle barrel" You could get a RC cola and noddles for 50 cents even. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I hate those fucking things. Ate so many when I had nothing else, that I would rather die of starvation than eat them ever again. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Eh...they have their place. Sometimes you want something quick and easy and cheap so you boil some water and voila...dinner.

I prefer other things, but these'll work in a pinch.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I couldn't have survived the military without Ramen. I freaking LIVED on those things. A Ramen cooker costs like $12, and you eat right out of that. (Can't have any form of hot plate in a barracks)
Cheap enough for starving GI's that have blown their paycheck on booze and whores.

The Army screwed my pay up and I received just over $100 a month for 8 months. No shit. If I hadn't lived in the barracks and deployed almost constantly, I would have been homeless. 8 months of almost nothing but Ramen (I didn't have a meal card to eat in the chow hall in garrison).
Then a year in Korea eating ramen so hot it'll remove paint. The kind that really takes a toll on your ass later.

So you'd think I would never touch another ramen. I still eat them almost everyday for lunch. It's like it's own food group.
Glad to see I'm not alone in my addictions.
Ramen and Mt. Dew. The two most basic staples of my life.

--Good ramen story. I took 4 cases of them to Somalia. No way to heat water for it, so I'd just put the ramen and water on the truck roof and let the 130 degree heat cook it. Had to put netting over it to keep the flies off, and of course anything left out for more than 30 seconds had a fine layer of dust on it- but it sure beat yet another MRE!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts