Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we had discussed this before, but can't find the thread....

I want to raise the tail of my 98 FZR. Just way too low for me. I'm tall, so I want to raise it an inch or 2. I heard I can get YZF dogbones to raise it an inch. but i also found a website ( a few months ago, but can't find it again) about putting spacers somewhere in the suspension. anyone know what I'm talking about, and what would be the best way to go? Any advice or direction would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not sure, but remember that if you raise the rear end, you also need to raise the front end as well. Otherwise the whole geometry of the bike will be off, which will have a negative affect on your handling. If it gets really bad, it will be dangerous to ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
^How is he going to raise the front? There's no more room to push the forks down the triples. Anyways, you can go on fzrarchives.com and go to the 'Group Buy' forum. They sell adjustable dog bones on there. I used to have them on my FZR for a while. I liked it a lot. I'm not that tall 5'7", but I like taller bikes and I was just almost able to flat foot it. A lot of guys on the forum advise raising the rear and lowering the front. I don't really know too much suspension mumbo-jumbo, but if it has worked in the past, it will work for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts