Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was having prob's w/ the SV in that it was missing........

well i replaced the ft plug on the SV, and it's fine now. it got corroded pretty damm quick.

i've learned my lesson

i was caught in a pretty heavy downpour, and it was close to the house, so i got off the bike ASAP. and let it sit for a while. when in reality i should've let it run a bit, and i woulda prolly evap. all the water out the ft cylinder.......

lesson learned, hopefully it'll help somebod else......

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
Pretty common problem on the SV's from what I hear. Haven't had it happen to me yet, though.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Yeah I haven't had it happen either thankfully. That "Fenda Extenda" thingey is supposed to help...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Or you could fab a little rubber flap and hang it behind the rad right in front of the head. My 03 has a flap below the rad and I've never had a problem (don't know just how much is differant between the two bikes)

·
Registered
24 Posts
It finally happened to me this past weekend.

I have ridden in hard rain and never had a problem in a year. This past weekend I went to the Lone Star bike rally in Galveston. There was a light rain, after about 30 - 45 min of riding, the bike bogged down and died at the light when I hit the gas.

Brought it back to Houston and changed the plug and now it seems to run fine. Mine also has a flap under the radiator, but it did not help out much on my bike.

Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey RacerX,

The problem occured again on my bike again this weekend.

Got some advice on another board which seemed to work.

Here is what I did:

1. Buy some dielectric grease and put it on the spark plug boot.

2. Get some silicone caulk (clear) and put it around the plug boot after plugging it into the spark plug.

3. Get a pipe cleaner and clean out the drain hole.

4. Someone suggested getting a fender extender (Have one on order).

- I'm not sure if the silicone is necessary, another guy on svrider said that the dielectric grease is all he used to solve the problem.

It rained today and i made sure to hit every puddle on the way home and did not have any problems at all. :dblthumb

Hope this helps you out.

- Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts