Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it decided it was going to rain last night and this morning on my way to and from work...I get just a little ways down the road and can done see like a fog on the inside of the visor. So I have to keep tucking behind the windshield and opening my visor to the first notch so I can see and not run off the road, this is even with all the vents all the way open. Anyone else having this problem with the great Scorpion "Anti-Fog" visor?

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Rain+riding=bad
Thats when all the people that hate "cages" all of a sudden want one. You need to get that anti-fog gel or just get some rain-X spray, youll be ok.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wonder how good it will work since the visor has some "gel" type anti-fog stuff on the inside of it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't have a anti-fog sheild so I don't know about its coating, but I use shaving cream on the inside of my shield. Just rub a very small about all over the inside until its clear again. I usually have to do it once a week and it works great. I got that tip from one of those motomag articles.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I just crack mine very slightly and the fog stays away as long as you are going 50 or 60mph. I don't slow down for the rain. Thats all it does up here so you just learn to ride in it and live with it.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
My helmet has a thing on the side that i adjust to keep the visor cracked a little to avoid fog, somewhere between fully closed and the first 'click' open because the first click open puts too much wind in my eyes. I also open and close my visor at every stop if it is fogging up a lot.

I'll try the shaving cream idea. never heard of that before.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
you can also try installing a breath guard.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fog City...$17 from most any dealer
I ride year round in seattle and this works
I know a lot of guys that use them. Come to think of it...I can't think of anyone that rides year round that doesn't use one
Jim

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
dragracer1951 said:
Fog City...$17 from most any dealer
I ride year round in seattle and this works
I know a lot of guys that use them. Come to think of it...I can't think of anyone that rides year round that doesn't use one
Jim
You're taling about a Breath Guard or something called Fog City?

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
Or do what we do when we scuba dive to keep the mask from fogging. Coat the shield with a thin layer of baby shampoo, let it dry and wash off enough so the shield is clear but leave a little reside on it. It keeps the mask from fogging up for a couple of dives and is both cheap and easy to do.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Twinsen said:
You're taling about a Breath Guard or something called Fog City?
try this linky.....breath guard
hope it works :neener

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
My HJC AC-11 used to fog anytime it was slightly cold or raining even with the breath guard included with the helmet. A couple months ago I put a Pro-grip light sensitive insert in the face shield and I haven't been able to make it fog yet in 40 to 45°F weather. I haven't tried it in the rain yet though. The insert adheres to the inside of the face shield. It is anti fog and light sensitive meaning it tints in direct sunlight. I think the anti-fog feature works great but it doesn't tint enough to satisfy me. I think the faceshield provides too much UV protection which hinders the tint of the insert. IMO it would be perfect if fitted into a lightly tinted face shield. Just an option you may want to try. I ordered mine here :http://www.amotostuff.com/thestore/progrip.html

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
spit also works in a pinch...sorry i know it's gross, but it beats riding w/fog in a sudden downpour (i.e deals gap)

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can try a fog city shield insert.
You can try a breath guard.
You can use Zooke which is an antifog spray. (I use it and it's great)

you may want to contact scorpion helmets and inform them you have a visor that fogged up on you... Maybe they have ideas/tips...

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
are you using the clear or light smoke shield. . .I cant for the life of me get mine to fog and those 2 are the only ones that come with the anti fog stuff.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've been trying to tell people about the Foggy Breath Guard, and so far no one listens to me! This thing is the single best invention to keep your visor from fogging. I use it every morning(because it's so damn humid in FL) and I never ever get visor fogging anymore. Even when it was pouring down rain the last couple of days, never even a hint of fog. I ride my bike everyday to work, and I can tell you that if I didn't have this thing I'd be a very miserable mofo. The Shoei RF-1000 is known to not be so good at keeping the visor fog free, but with the Breath Guard I haven't had a single problem.

For $20, you can't get anything better than this. I got mine from www.streetandcomp.com, they were the first company to start importing them from the UK. It looks like other sites are starting to do the same now.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Just out of curiosity... do you have one of the mirrored visors? Because they are NOT anti-fog acording to the info on their site. I've had my stock visor in the rain a few times... it has NEVER fogged up on me in any conditions.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts