Sport Bikes banner

radiator swap 04-05 to 06-07

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  mfromphilly1 
#1 ·
hi guys ive been having some problems with my front tire pushing my radiator into my headers and just destroying it every time i hit a bump/curb/pothole,

I've been thinking what if i swap a newer rad being that they are smaller in height maybe the tire wont hit anymore,

any questions/comments would be appricated

thanks

2004 gsxr 600 is the bike

#2 ·
FIRST, find out what is wrong with your bike's geometry that the tire is contacting the radiator. Something is wrong there to begin with. Suzuki would not have designed that to ever happen.

#5 ·
i have the rear end taken apart atm but front end is still togather for most part ill get some pics tonight while im working on it and post them, i have gas tank off right now im searching the frame behind the triple tree to see if there are any visible cracks/stress points.

#10 ·
The issue with pulling out a cast frame is that they crack going in and then the cracks open up when they pull it out. There's no way in hell I'd take a bent cast frame to frame shop without a guaranty that if your frame isn't repairable, you don't pay.

#11 · (Edited)
that dude can work some miracles from what I've seen. check out some of his pictures of the rims he's fixed. even some that's had pcs busted off he's repaired. and you can't even see where he fixed it. Motorcycle Wheel Repair, Before and After Pictures + Video

he probably welds it and puts it in a cnc or a lathe to cut the weld off. we do it from time to time at out shop (not rims but foundry parts). and you can't see where it was welded if the weld was done properly.

i'm sure he'd be able to tell from pics if he can fix it or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.