Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the pics of bikes and a lot of you have them on racing stands. Is there a reason to that? Am I missing something? Or is it just cool?

Dont' :flamed me, as I'm pretty new at this :alky

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Rear stands are very handy for working on the bike. Think of it as a service stand rather than a race stand. It holds the bike upright, is secure, allows you to rotate the rear wheel/chain for maintenance, and take the rear wheel off to change a tire. Add a front stand and you can do front wheel maintenance/removal with equal ease. If you might want to work on the front forks, you need to get a front stand that goes under the steering bearing instead of bottom of the forks. A $200-250 investment in a set of stands will pay for itself in $$ saved in tire changes alone. If you can find a shop that will remove the wheels to mount tires, they usually charge about $25-50 per wheel instead of $10-15 if you bring the wheel in loose.

There is the bling factor as well. :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you don't have a centerstand having atleast a rear stand is a great investment like RayOSV said. You can change/check your oil easier, change out tires and it looks pretty cool whne you're takin pics of your bike :D I'd highly recommend a set if you're not already considering a pair. I have a LP USA S4 and love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts