Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy f3 and jokertlr were saying you can get race gas in mukwanogo. I forgot what the name of the station and the directions were. If someone can tell me how to get there id appreciate it. Or if anyone knows of a closer place to get it chime in please.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Hey Justin...no offense, but WTF do you have that needs / can use race gas?

If you're not getting HARD knocking/detonation (ie something more than an occasional light ping) you don't need higher octane ratings, and using higher octane gas will decrease performance/economy.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Teej said:
Hey Justin...no offense, but WTF do you have that needs / can use race gas?

If you're not getting HARD knocking/detonation (ie something more than an occasional light ping) you don't need higher octane ratings, and using higher octane gas will decrease performance/economy.
+1

I don't know what your bike calls for but I'm willing to guess it's just like mine..."unleaded gasoline, pump octane number 86 or higher"

I alot of people around here use 87 octane because that's what our bikes call for...personally I use 93 octane just for the piece of mind since our bikes have such a high compression ratio.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well although i didnt ask a question or for advice i will humor you all. Maybee it's for my 5.0. Maybee i want it to put in my remote controlled airplane. Maybee just maybee i want to clean out my injectors since my bike sat for a year and a half and is running like shit. :nerd

SO THEN to restate my question. Does ANYONE know where i can get race gas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There's a gas station on 76th and Lincoln Ave in west allis that sells racing gas. The pump is located on the side of the building. I haven't been home in a year, but they've been selling it there for years

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
shadownynja said:
Well although i didnt ask a question or for advice i will humor you all. Maybee it's for my 5.0. Maybee i want it to put in my remote controlled airplane. Maybee just maybee i want to clean out my injectors since my bike sat for a year and a half and is running like shit. :nerd

SO THEN to restate my question. Does ANYONE know where i can get race gas?
Well, like I said...no offense...but...your comments effectively state that you have no idea what "octane" means. When I wrote the last message, I was genuinely curious and interested in knowing what you had that took race gas.

High octane will do absolutely nothing to clean out injectors, is useless in RC planes...and if you've got a 5.0 that's modified enough to make use of race gas, I'd be interested in checking it out sometime.

I don't appreciate the smartass reply. Think about it. I've been hotrodding cars since before you were born.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Sorry, I guess we just assumed, since it wasn't stated what the intended purpose was, that it was for your bike since this is a motorcyle forum.

The one that 01gsxrmike mentioned is the only place that I know of...there's a Marathon gas station right across the street. I'm also pretty sure you could go to any tuner shop and they might be able to help you out. For instance, try Midnight Tuners on HWY 100 and National (right next to Naughty But Nice and the sticker place in the strip mall). One of the guys in the Subaru club that I belong to owns the place.

·
Registered
29 Posts
justin the one i was talking about was in muskego, wi its called Johnny's Petroleum & Auto service center
s76 w17871 janesville Rd, Muskego wi
race gas is like $3.96 gal or some thing like that mix it 50/50 or like 75/50 depending on how you want you wallet to look after a fill up lol, very easy to get to heres a map

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
even though they say race gas wont clean stuff out but i would try it frist i did it on my f3 and cleaned up the dead spot in my rpms so it worked for me and it might help you out and if that dont work try a thing called Sea foam, me and my bro swear but that stuff, its easy to use and it cheaper then takeing it to a shop for some guy to say i think something wrong but i can fix it for a arm and a leg and maybe you left finger

·
Registered
832 Posts
yes the gas station on 76th and Lin. does still sell race fuel

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Mmmmm... race gas. Smells so good.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Mmmmm... race gas. Smells so good.
And besides that, you can use it in your bike during winter storage because it won't break down into varnish as easily as regular gas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for being a smartass teej. And thanks for all the replies. Is the shit at 76th and lincoln also 110 octane?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thank I do not know how ever if i drive by again I can take a peek

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, like I said...no offense...but...your comments effectively state that you have no idea what "octane" means.
It should be noted that not all "race gass" is high octane, although most people seem to think it is, and certainly, some race gas is high octane.

For instance, VP's U4 is 93 octane. The U4e that we can buy here in WI, from their website:

U4e
Developed for those states that restrict the use of MTBE in fuels. Will work well in the same applications as U4, with comparable power increases.

• Color: Pink
• Oxygenated: Yes
• Motor Octane: 93
• Specific Gravity: .718 at 60° F
t

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Please, no need to resurrect 3+ year old threads trying to sell your gas. I've been nice about it so far, but you need to keep these types of posts in the WI Local Classified section. Otherwise, I'll have to have you contact Fred to become a SBN Vendor.

Thanks!
~Brian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.