Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted awhile back asking if anyone knew of good places to find race bikes. Well I cant remember the site but someone posted a site that has alot of parts and bikes for sale that are set up and ready to go. So if anyone knows were I could find some cheap race bikes or know of a place that you can get wrecked bikes that would be good to be set up for a track bike please post your findings. thanks

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Well depending what kind of race bike you mean, check out any of the Yamaha TZ250 or Honda RS250 websites. These bike are true GP bikes and have the maintenance schedule to go with them, but tires are cheap and last a while vs tires on a 600. If you are looking for a larger bike, I can't really help ya, my expertise is in 2-stroke GP bikes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not looking at new but used for sure probably around $4000 max. just something to do some track days on.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Well you can get a great mid 90's used Yamaha TZ250 with a nice spares set for $4000. Those year models have about 80hp and weigh in around 250lbs, trust me, they are FAST bikes.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, there are always people selling race bikes at trackdays. www.tz250.com classifieds section has quite a few used TZ's.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts