Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but im not asking which one is faster, i would like to know which is better in the categories of:
***note = power does not matter at all for me
Handling
Easier to ride
Comfortable
depreceation in value
and etc you can say.

thx

·
Cheshire Cat
1,028 Posts
The mirrors on my 04 R6 are very useful and well-positioned. It's a bit of a twitchy bike at the throttle, possibly due to shorter gearing, but quite flingable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
my .o2

pick the one that appeals to you visually. design and color scheme. You really wont be able to discern a performance difference. Unless you are an experienced track master, or profesional racer. In which case you would not be asking this question on sbn......plus you dont really specify which years you are comparing.....5 years difference can mean quite a bit in the 600SS class.

·
Registered
456 Posts
phaderlanx said:
my .o2

pick the one that appeals to you visually. design and color scheme. You really wont be able to discern a performance difference. Unless you are an experienced track master, or profesional racer. In which case you would not be asking this question on sbn......plus you dont really specify which years you are comparing.....5 years difference can mean quite a bit in the 600SS class.
probably the best statement Ive heard about this topic.

i picked my RR for those reasons. All 4 litres are close to the same only a professional came make them perform different. on the street they are all the same just about. and dont get something cause ppl say to or dont get cause ppl say not to. youll regret it. Fuck what ppl got ot say and be happy. they arent paying for it you are, do as you will and like. in my eyes my RR is tops but i may change the paint on ti over winter. just cause everyone has a black one now six weeks ago no one had one now everyone has one up here

·
Registered
456 Posts
Meh2u said:
I disagree, the 1000RR is not nearly as quick as the ZX-10R.
dude, on the street it doesnt matter. on the track yes and no one rides their bike to the fullest. so what does the numbers mean.....not a damm thing

·
Registered
173 Posts
phaderlanx said:
my .o2

i agree you need to sit on them and feel what style is most comfortable for you and of course you should also look at style and colors avaliable. as previously state all bike are going to perform well. as for myself i like the bulky tank and stocky look of the gxsr but then again im a suzuki rider till i die...or get a custom chopper...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think the new Yamahas look more like fashion statements than a supersport bike. I like the raw look of the GSX-R's and Kawasakis.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like my Speed Triple the first time I sat on one everything just "fit" I sold a 168rwhp 2002 gixxer because I never rode it. So now they call me boat anchor until we start rippin' twisties;) Screw numbers the rider makes the bike fast, all it does is fall over without one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tripped said:
I like my Speed Triple the first time I sat on one everything just "fit" I sold a 168rwhp 2002 gixxer because I never rode it. So now they call me boat anchor until we start rippin' twisties;) Screw numbers the rider makes the bike fast, all it does is fall over without one.
Very well said.

I don't like the real narrow feel where the seat meats the tank of the R6, & when I sat on the GSXR, it just seemed to "fit". No brand holds much advantage in any category, so the decision is almost completly subjective.

Go with your gut feeling....you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
457 Posts
XRedJar said:
Very well said.

I don't like the real narrow feel where the seat meats the tank of the R6, & when I sat on the GSXR, it just seemed to "fit". No brand holds much advantage in any category, so the decision is almost completly subjective.

Go with your gut feeling....you really can't go wrong.

man i know exactly what you mean, most times i have to move my cousin's bike to get my bike out of the garage, and just sitting it it with the narrow tank just feels weird to me. The 600RR gives me the same feeling also. Maybe its becaues i am 6'3 / 245 lbs, i love the gixxer and how my long legs wrap around that huge tank. My Friends and I laugh how a bike that looks so bloated and fat could weigh so little

1 - 12 of 12 Posts