Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those r6 riders out there, I have an 02 r6, which has high miles on it (around 16000). I recently got it out of the shop for the 15k mile tune up and seemingly overhaul, but over the past week, I've noticed a bad vibration which only happens around 5500 rpm. any clues? I only use Chevron premium, so I doubt it's knocking, I keep my oil changed frequently, and have not done anything to it other than use it for transportation recently (sadly). Any ideas before I take it in and shell out shop costs? :confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Check to see that the engine mounting bolts are all present and tight. A loose one can allow a terrible vibration at very select frequencies (RPM).

·
Registered
886 Posts
Maybe you never noticed it before? All vehicles have a certain rpm at which they resonate (all vehicles I've driven/ridden). If it is a problem, its just a loose bolt or two though. 16000 miles is pretty low milage as long as it hasen't been excessivly abused/neglected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vibration just started about a month ago. Yes, there's always been a bit of vibration, but this started recently, and is only in the right footpeg and clip. the bike also seems to run slightly different, a little down on power/torque, tho that might just appear that way now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Synch your carbouretors.

Scott :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts