Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on an R6 forrem and didn't get any responce. So I will try here as well. So I am getting vibes in the bars and pegs. It is the worst between 6-7K. Below that and around 7500-8k it seems a little less (almost bearable). To much higher then 8K and the vibe is back. Its putting my hands and feet to sleep. As long as I keep the rpms below 6 or right about 8 and a really really loose grip my hands don't go to sleep as often.

So here is the back ground info. I had a stage one jet kit and a D&D full exhaust (all came on the bike when i bought it a few months ago). I had a vibe when I bought the bike, but after resinking the carbs all was well. After about a month, I couldn't take the ringing in my ears from a 105 db muffler. So With all the stock parts on hand I put them all back on. Original jetting original pipe. Resinked the bike and was on my way. Well now my vibe was back and worse then ever. So I tried sinking the carbs several ways as people made recomendations. I tried sinking it at idle, then resinking it at 8k since that is were i normal ride. This made the vibe band really large. Heavy vibes from 4k-10k or so (i don't typically ride any higher then say 8-9k). So i resinked it the next time at 3K. This didn't have quite as bad as a vibe but it was still unbearable. So finally I went back to my original sink at idle. Which puts me were i am now as stated above.

Any ideas for me? I am guessing it has to be a carb problem some where since I did get the vibe to go away with the original (non stock) setup with a good sink job. However after sinking it 4 times in 2 weeks. I don't know what else to try. I am about to put the loud loud exhaust back on it just so I can really enjoy riding again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not a mechanic but personally, I would first check that all of the engine mounts are torqued to spec, and that intake and exhaust studs and donuts are good. Then I would start thinking tuning- ignition in spec, all plugs good and firing, plug wires look good, fuel is good. If the basics do not solve it, maybe a trip to a tuner to get it running right. Just a few degrees difference on the ignition can make a huge difference in how she runs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This is a common problem with the R6's, but fairly easy to fix.

All you really need to do is follow these steps:
1) Sell the R6
2) Go buy a Honda

I think you will find after doing this, you will have no mroe problems with your bike :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Kenfz6 said:
I'm not a mechanic but personally, I would first check that all of the engine mounts are torqued to spec, and that intake and exhaust studs and donuts are good. Then I would start thinking tuning- ignition in spec, all plugs good and firing, plug wires look good, fuel is good. If the basics do not solve it, maybe a trip to a tuner to get it running right. Just a few degrees difference on the ignition can make a huge difference in how she runs.
I'm not sure exactly how much vibration your getting, but these are some good recomendations.
Also remember you're riding a 600, they all have a buzz in them.

Honda sucks, buy Suzuki

:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor , I had an 01 gixxer 600, awsome ride for sure, they just sound like thy're gonna blow at anytime!! :beer

·
Registered
165 Posts
H2Omax1 said:
This is a common problem with the R6's, but fairly easy to fix.

All you really need to do is follow these steps:
1) Sell the R6
2) Go buy a Honda

I think you will find after doing this, you will have no mroe problems with your bike :)
:lao :eek:nfloor +1 on the advice

·
Registered
243 Posts
Almighty Jason said:
ha ha^

Honda sucks, buy Suzuki :)

I have some vibration, but not enough to make my hands fall asleep. I figure some is normal.

Are you kidding, Suzuki's are only good because the Suzuki Vibrations . . . make all the girls want to ride on the back (damn, gotta wipe off the seat of the GSXR again)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts