Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do sliders attach to the bike? Is there drilling required? I know I want sliders, I just don't know where they mount. I have a pewter and blk one and depending on where they mount depends on what color I get.

btw, I just got the bike today, 03 r6 :banana

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
They use one of the upper motor/frame mounts. If you buy the proper ones, you will have to drill holes in your plastics. Don't worry about that, it's generally accepted and does not reduce the value of your bike. Don't settle for the no cut bracket ones, I've seen many pictures of how easily they snap in a crash.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've seen them anywhere from $40 to $60 depending on brand/store. You should be able to order them from any dealer through the parts unlimited catalog, or online parts websites. They're pretty common, just hunt around for the best deal. I'm using ones custom made for me by a tool and dye maker friend, but I've heard good things about intuitive, lp and many others.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yep, they're roughly the same. Obviously with different models they'll be in slightly different locations but they're the same idea. I'll include a picture of my 01 with the sliders mounted.
The slider is circled in red...

Attachments

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
It seems RythymsDJ's has answered all your questions, and quite well I might add. I agree with everything he told you, especially that the proper sliders will require you to cut some of the fairing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Graves and Vortex are good sliders. If you ever need to replace just one slider seperate you can purchase the slider and replace it without removing the base with Vortex. You do need to cut a opening on the right side of the bike. It's not as bad as it seems. I was nervouse taking a drill to mine, but it turned out great.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i used the lochart phillips ones and have titanium bolts for them just to make sure cuttings not a big deal takes like 30 min total to do a good job make sure you look at the length of them ones longer than the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the shogun frame sliders. These are the ones that require no modification. My friend bit it at 80 with the same ones and they held perfectly. Was he a lucky one? or are there certain types that are weaker than others?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts